Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

BMX bike brands

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

BMX bike brands

Old 04-15-19, 07:58 PM
Rajflyboy
Banned.

Bikes: Orbea

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 170 Posts
BMX bike brands

I went to a BMX nationals race recently. I could not believe how many different names were on BMX frames. Are there really this many companies building BMX frames/bikes or are a few companies making frames and branding them with many different names?
Old 04-19-19, 02:56 AM
DustyBF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, there is a lot of BMX manufacturers in the US and all over the world. The most popular are Cult, Haro, United and a lot of others. All these brands have independent manufacturers
Old 04-19-19, 01:38 PM
Rajflyboy
Banned.

Originally Posted by DustyBF
Well, there is a lot of BMX manufacturers in the US and all over the world. The most popular are Cult, Haro, United and a lot of others. All these brands have independent manufacturers
Thanks !!

Haro and Redline for me right now.
Old 04-23-19, 08:36 AM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
Lots of brands just like back in the day. BMX has never had a real prob with bikes being built overseas as they started out for kids. There are always a few USA only guys though.

Lots of mass are made overseas, still have many USA options and customs. Many pages for this stuff on FB.
Old 04-30-19, 07:56 AM
buddiiee 

Bikes: 70's Nuovo Record Jeunet Franche Compte, '88 105 Trek 1200, '85 Victory Bianchi Vittoria, '89 Exage Bianchi Strada LX, '11 Shimano Masi Partenza

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Yea, it depends on what era you're talking about. Back in the day (the 80s) there were a BOATLOAD of companies, and even though there were less actual manufacturers, there were still nonetheless a lot. On todays BMX bikes there is still a good amount in my opinion, but there are actually a lot less frame builders today. Just learned Sunday BMX has their top of the line frames hand made by a really high end road bike frame maker lol. (I think in montana maybe?) Standard Bykes used to design frames and have them made, but I think that stopped in 2010? where they started making their own by hand.

As far as BMX racing, there's like 5 makers only. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL those companies you see lining the raceway with their flags? Most of them own one another. Like BRG owns I think 5 or so big brands all by themselves. Some of the other lines are just the racing division of their parent company. Believe it or not BMX racing as much as it's advertised and shown, is a REALLY small world, and a lot of it is still custom made in small individually owned shops, just as it was back in the 80's. The other frame makers are nameless, faceless hidden companies that make the frames for pretty much everyone-kind like car battery manufacturers in the U.S., or torque wrench makers; same thing.

Old 05-01-19, 08:02 PM
Rajflyboy
Banned.

It definitely looked like many of the same frames with different names on them.

Many impressive builds.
Old 06-06-19, 10:35 AM
panthersnw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There are a lot of options for frames right now. They do all look similar though lol
Old 06-06-19, 01:00 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
As with so much in the bike biz, Haro and Redline are now brands
imported from factories making multiple brands..

2 categories: stunt bikes made as strong as practical, for the abuse ..

and Moto racing a lighter bike for the track, (every 4 years it is a medal series at the summer Olympics)..

[curious] which do you do?

Last edited by fietsbob; 06-06-19 at 01:05 PM.