Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Long Island NY

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-24, 03:12 PM
myexcursion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Just got a new Aerial Rider Kepler today and wow am I hooked lol. Haven't been into biking for a while and looking to get back into it... Looking forward to getting to know you folks and documenting some fun road trips.
Old 03-01-24, 03:20 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,025 Times in 723 Posts
Welcome. Looks like that an e-fatbike? If you're taking it into the woods be aware that some of the trails prohibit the use of ebikes, not heard of any tickets for it but something to be aware of especially if its a NYS DEC controlled park. I can imagine it'd be a lot of fun along the beaches, I've seen people using them to go seal watching and it makes me want one just to ride the length of Fire Island.
Old 03-04-24, 05:21 PM
R1pilot

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am new here myself!
Old 03-04-24, 06:04 PM
myexcursion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
yeah it's fat bike cruiser.. Took it out for first time this Sunday on an unbelievable 60+ degree day here. It was a blast ! So hooked now... I used peddle assist 1 and 2 intermittently and ran with no peddle assist on some of the flatter runs. Great workout. The bike is about 70 pounds, but using the gears helps move it along when using just good old leg power. Now when you use the throttle or higher peddle assist -- that's a different story -- it hustles !! Realized I need some mirrors for it and those should be in soon. Looking for a comfortable seat too ,,, the one it comes with feels a little too hard. Maybe switch to something more 'cruiser comfort' ...

My wife wants to get herself a smaller ebike now too and head to Fire or Block Island with it - lol ... Next on the list if a strong enough 2 bike hitch so I can take it along to some other spots...