Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

1983 Trek 700 Frameset plus Tange Levin Headset

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-23, 07:28 PM
brennie 

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia (3Rensho), Mercian, Miyata TripleCross, Specialized StreetStomper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts

I have an amazing made in America Trek 700 frameset that has been sitting in storage for the last 35 years. It has Reynolds 531 tubing and Shimano dropouts. This is an excellent sport-style bike with a relaxed wheelbase and would likely accept tires as wide as 32.

The frame is in overall excellent condition. Completely straight, no dents or dings, and only a few chips and scratches. There is an inch and a half strip of rust on the underside of the left rear dropout. A few of the Reynolds 531 decals are also missing. Aside from that, this frame is a time capsule ready for a full lifetime of riding.

I'm also including the Tange Levin headset. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Price: $325 plus shipping. I'm based in Southern California if you would like to pick it up.

If you would like to learn more about Trek history, you can read here: Vintage Trek Bikes- Information on Steel Road Bicycles made by the Trek Bicycle Corporation, bike

Old 06-16-23, 07:35 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Pretty bike. You will want to post this in the C & V for sale forum as well. Is there a reason why you left the fixed cup in the frame?
Old 06-18-23, 10:34 AM
brennie 

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia (3Rensho), Mercian, Miyata TripleCross, Specialized StreetStomper

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
Pretty bike. You will want to post this in the C & V for sale forum as well. Is there a reason why you left the fixed cup in the frame?
Thanks for the tip, will do. I snapped these few pics while stripping the components off, was yet to remove to fixed cup.
Old 10-29-23, 03:17 PM
UWSPBiker

Bikes: Trek 2100, Trek 950 SingleTrack, Terra Trike Tourer II, Specialized Sirrus

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
That is a beautiful old skool frame!