Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bike Appraisals in Richmond VA

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-20, 08:48 AM
berkleydriskill

Bikes: 1960s Roberts Cycles Track Bike, 2006 EAI bareknuckle, 2020 6ku urban track, random others built and sold between

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 12 Posts
Bike Appraisals in Richmond VA

Does anyone know a local spot in Richmond VA to have a classic bike appraised? I recently purchased a late 1950's early 1960's track frame with Campagnolo head set rear dropouts, but has no manufacture label or serial. I am curious to know how much this bike could be worth. It will really affect what components I go with on the bike build.
Thanks
Old 10-13-20, 10:03 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked 2,222 Times in 1,107 Posts
@berkleydriskill - 5 more posts in 3 days and you can post pics. Welcome to C&V! there are some C&V BFs in your area. I am a little north of you in Fredericksburg, nearly devoid of any C&V of interest except in my garage!

Is likely you will get better assessment here with pics, lots of pics. There are a number of track bike enthusiasts here.
Old 10-13-20, 03:00 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26464 Post(s)
Liked 10,424 Times in 7,239 Posts
Originally Posted by berkleydriskill
Does anyone know a local spot in Richmond VA to have a classic bike appraised? I recently purchased a late 1950's early 1960's track frame with Campagnolo head set rear dropouts, but has no manufacture label or serial. I am curious to know how much this bike could be worth. It will really affect what components I go with on the bike build.
Thanks

...there are a lot of old track frames bouncing around. The more expensive ones tend to be that way because of either the maker of it, or if it has some historical value. If it's been around long enough to have lost badging and repainted, most of them are similar enough to defy identification. But when you have ten posts and can link some photos, there are people who can somewhat narrow down this information, not so much by removable components like the headset, but by the joining used in frame construction.
Old 10-14-20, 09:19 AM
berkleydriskill

Bikes: 1960s Roberts Cycles Track Bike, 2006 EAI bareknuckle, 2020 6ku urban track, random others built and sold between

Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...there are a lot of old track frames bouncing around. The more expensive ones tend to be that way because of either the maker of it, or if it has some historical value. If it's been around long enough to have lost badging and repainted, most of them are similar enough to defy identification. But when you have ten posts and can link some photos, there are people who can somewhat narrow down this information, not so much by removable components like the headset, but by the joining used in frame construction.
Thanks for the feedback. As you know, being that I am a newbie it won't let me attach photos or a link. Please copy and paste the following to view images of the frame. i.imgur.com/s0TE53D.jpeg or imgur.com/gallery/HWLZ66h
Old 10-14-20, 09:21 AM
berkleydriskill

Originally Posted by SJX426
@berkleydriskill - 5 more posts in 3 days and you can post pics. Welcome to C&V! there are some C&V BFs in your area. I am a little north of you in Fredericksburg, nearly devoid of any C&V of interest except in my garage!

Is likely you will get better assessment here with pics, lots of pics. There are a number of track bike enthusiasts here.
Thanks so much for the advice. Until I am able to post pics my best bet it to share the URL. If you copy and paste the following into your browser you can view images of the frame. i.imgur.com/s0TE53D.jpeg or imgur.com/gallery/HWLZ66h
Old 10-14-20, 08:05 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Richmond VA has a thriving bicycle community with plenty of bike clubs and bike trails. Check the local Craigs List ads for prices of vintage bikes. In my experience, old used bike prices around Richmond are lower than similar areas in other regions of the US.