Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

New Gadget

Old 03-23-21, 12:31 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2015 Norco Search S1, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 211 Posts
New Gadget

New tool to measure how aero you are; https://giblitech.com/
Old 03-23-21, 12:53 PM
Riveting

Bikes: '13 Diamondback Hybrid Commuter, '17 Spec Roubaix Di2, '17 Spec Camber 29'er, '19 CDale Topstone Gravel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 260 Posts
Let me guess, it'll confirm that I'm more aero when my back is level, my head is down, my elbows are in, my knees are in, while wearing a skin suit and TT helmet, and riding a TT bike without water bottles?
Old 03-23-21, 08:50 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
They probably wanted to make a power meter that didn't measure power, found out that polar and others had previously done it and failed, and decided this was the best marketing approach.

It's honest, anyway.
Old 03-23-21, 10:03 PM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
Interesting. So from what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong), it'll tell you how "aero" you are so that you can make adjustments (head down, shoulders closer, etc) and watch the "aero" stats change. This could also be useful if you end up shifting position due to fatigue/comfort/etc, as it helps you notice the change in "aero" values and gives you the opportunity to readjust during the ride.

Which sounds useful in a time trial or similar time-critical competition/event... but $850 is a bit much for most cyclists to swallow, methinks.

Also they have to deal with the less precise, but probably "close enough for most cyclists" measure of, "I was doing X km/h at Y watts, but now it's changed to Z km/h so maybe I should readjust my position".

Last edited by atwl77; 03-23-21 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-24-21, 08:15 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
I can only think the market for this must be the people that really don't need to be concerned with aerodynamics. Certainly the pro teams have better ways to get more complete information.

This thing can only be making educated guesstimations like my HR monitor does when it tells me Calories burned. Not sure I'd spend money for that one feature. They need to roll this thing up into a smaller package and license it to Wahoo, Garmin, Lezyne and other to include as another feature on their gps/cyclometer devices.