Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Specialized Elite Tarmac (2010-2011)???

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-11-21, 07:33 AM
Janzelv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello fellow cyclists reading this post, I would like to get your opinions on the price of my old specialized bike as I am looking to sell it and get something more modern, i live here in the Philippines and apparently no one knows how much it is so I went here to get a realistic price on my bike,

It is a specialized tarmac elite from 2010 I am unsure of the year,
The group set is 105, excluding the crank which is FSA
the bike despite being old and I regularly use it on long rides is in good condition but the fading and scratches are unavoidable

hopefully someone replies to this and makes an appraisal, if someone does reply to his I will supply the pictures of the bike but in the meantime I am leaving it here, hoping that some good soul reads this and replies. Thank you!!!!
Old 04-11-21, 11:31 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
The correct price for your bike is the price that someone is willing to pay. Unless you value it more and are willing to keep it.

Doesn't matter what someone values it at if they aren't your buyer that is willing to pay that much. The value of your bike very much depends on the persons that you can find that want that bike. Just because you put a for sale sign out doesn't mean you'll find persons wanting that bike at your price no matter how fair that price is.

You conundrum should be whether or not you really want to be rid of that bike.

In most cases it will be worth less every passing year.
Old 04-12-21, 01:44 AM
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek 1.7c, BMC GF02, Fuji Tahoe, Scott Sub 35, Kona Rove, Trek Verve+2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 366 Posts
A rough estimate is a bike halves in price when you roll it out of the shop and then drops another 10% every year after that.
So 20% of what you paid for it.
Old 04-14-21, 05:28 AM
Janzelv

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks!!!
Old 04-14-21, 05:29 AM
Janzelv