Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

The True Story of Razesa

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

The True Story of Razesa

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-05, 10:50 AM
DancesInTraffic
De-Couriered

Bikes: Schwinn Le Tour III (fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The True Story of Razesa

I've been trying to find out some history on a bike I have acquired. It is a Razesa track frame. Now from what I have found online there are two conflicting reports. One says that Razesa was the name of the spanish racing team that Zeus made these frames for. The other says that Razesa was a small custom frame company that took over building frames for Zeus near the end of the company's history. What is the real story behind these bikes? Does anyone know?

I know they were built as track and road frames. I know they were outfitted with Zeus 2000 and Zeus 2001 series components stock. I just found a Zeus track frame and it looks very different from my Razesa, but the fork is the same and bares the Zeus 2001 logo in the metal. Obviously there are ties between these two frames, but were they seperate companies or was the Razesa simply a special version of a Zeus frame outfitted for this Spanish team?

Just curious.
Old 07-12-05, 09:28 PM
hammye
ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALL

Bikes: specialized langster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was informed by the guy that sold me what later became Test Bike, that it was a Zeus. Sometime you should take a gander at it if I ever come out of my little cave.
Old 07-13-05, 06:55 AM
DancesInTraffic
De-Couriered

Bikes: Schwinn Le Tour III (fixed)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
But... here's the thing. Razesa is still around while Zeus has folded I believe. This leads me to believe the one article I found that says Razesa produced frames for Zeus that Zeus rebadged towards the end of their company's history.
Old 07-13-05, 07:22 AM
Ceya

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zeus was Spanish,it was using parts made by Zeus. They were bicycle builders. They did have a team. I will ask Cuevas and find the answers, I asked Cuevas Sr along time ago but forgot the final answers. He was there so I will ask his older son which is one of the best frame builder I have ever seen period. He can fix anything!

S/F<
CEYA!
Old 07-13-05, 06:13 PM
beppe
robots in disguise

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dudes:

My Orbea has Zeus written on big white letters on the seatstays. Quoth Keanu:

Whoa.
Old 02-25-10, 08:05 PM
undress

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, i have a razesa, from the 80´s and like razesas, i am from Spain. Razesa is a small company from the north of Spain, from Navarra. Navarra is near Pais Vasco, also in Spain, with a great tradition in cycling and steel making. From Pais Vasco are also the brands BH, Orbea y Zeus. BH is the most important, everybody here had a BH when we were kids Now Orbea is as important as BH. Zeus made bicycles and components, but its now closed.

In the 80´s with the great demand of road bikes, all brands colaborated, because they sell more bikes than they can make. So Zeus made components that were used by BH and Razesa, Razesa made frames for Zeus and i think also for BH because my Razesa is exactly as some BH i see.

In the 90´s with the mountain bike explosion, these brands were specialized in road bikes, so, it were bad times. BH and Orbea began to make mountain bikes and continue production, but Zeus and Razesa were in trouble. Zeus close and Razesa was almost in bankrupt. The owners sell the company to the workers and they continue making steel frames for track, and distribute carbon frames ( i think they imported them ) they also made taylor made steel frames.

Razesa won a tour de france with Banesto team and Miguel Indurain, so is part of the history of cycling. My razesa, from the late eigties is a fine bike, cromed and painted, with lugwork. Campagnolo, huret, cinelli and zeus components. Weight about 10 kgs.

Ciao ¡¡¡