Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Cycle NC Day 2

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Cycle NC Day 2

Old 09-30-19, 11:59 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Cycle NC Day 2

Cycle NC Day 2, Hickory to Spencer....about 70 miles and not very hilly. Lots of familiar roads we’ve ridden a lot over time as well. We went close to my house so an area I know extremely well. Beat the darn luggage truck again.

Cloudy skies today which was nice!!! But super humid which we are accustomed to riding in.

We are camping at the Transportation Museum in Spencer tonight. You can put up a tent anywhere there is dirt/grass. Anyone up for Thomas the Tank Engine???

One of my meal stops on longer rides is very close to the campsite so enjoying a nice lunch. It’s where

Crossing Lake Norman.

A man made lake developed by my former employer to generate electricity.

Part of the train museum in the background

A depot that was relocated from a nearby community. I ride over the tracks where it used to sit but I never knew it was there at one time.

The inside of the historic library. I hated to ask if she was the original librarian?!?!?

Brings back memories of having breakfast with my son at Thomas the Tank Engine at the museum.

A small one room library.

A good local restaurant
the pigs are if that gives you a hint as to the type food they serve.

Tomorrow we head to Siler City and cross another large local lake!!
Likes For jppe:
Old 10-05-19, 07:46 PM
Bmach

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 263 Times in 161 Posts
Looks nice, thanks for posting