Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

1980-ish Peugeot owners manual

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-19, 06:52 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts

What's fair on this, $20 $15 $12 shipped domestic? (Media mail is like ~$6 and 5-7 day delivery, so basically asking $6 for the manual)

Looks to be for roughly a 1980-83ish manual. It's been thumbed through. Only major flaw I see is the phone number for New Jersey's 411/information service on one of the first pages in ballpoint pen.

Otherwise very interesting catalog. Maybe it would top off your bike. Maybe you just like to read. I'm attaching some pics of pages below in this post and the next couple if they won't fit.

Last edited by francophile; 10-08-19 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-03-19, 06:55 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

A few more, and this isn't even the half of it.

Old 10-04-19, 07:31 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
In terms of dating this, didn't Peugeot move to Weinmann-style centerpulls during the early '80s? I'm referring to calipers with arms that are parallel to the rims, which use threaded post road pads. The photos in this manual show the MAFAC-style centerpulls, with smooth post pads that use the separate fixing bolts. I'm not sure when Peugeot made the transition, but that may be a clue as to the age of the manual (if there are no obvious copyright marks on it).
Old 10-05-19, 09:39 AM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Originally Posted by hokiefyd
In terms of dating this, didn't Peugeot move to Weinmann-style centerpulls during the early '80s? I'm referring to calipers with arms that are parallel to the rims, which use threaded post road pads. The photos in this manual show the MAFAC-style centerpulls, with smooth post pads that use the separate fixing bolts. I'm not sure when Peugeot made the transition, but that may be a clue as to the age of the manual (if there are no obvious copyright marks on it).
Going by bike graphics alone, we can ballpark 79-84 on the age (except fendered mixte, which is probably '78). I was thinking closer to '81-'82 based on the derailleurs pictured and a 1ish year delay to publish.

Anyway, price drop to $15 shipped USPS Media Mail.

Last edited by francophile; 10-05-19 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-08-19, 03:30 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

One more price drop before it goes on the big auction site in the sky.