Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Arctic Race of Norway

Old 08-27-19, 07:15 AM
teejaywhy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts
Arctic Race of Norway

Some coverage of this race appeared on my DVR.

So, I'm watching and similar to Le Tour and other race video coverage, they will have aerial shots that pull back from the ride action to reveal scenic views, quaint towns/buildings and many times, race fans perched on top of overlooks, etc.

So, I'm watching and observe what had to be the weirdest pull-back shot ever... not sure what the heck is going on here. (sorry for the crappy cell phone camera capture)

Anyone else see this? The woman was slowly dancing and holding what appears to be... a large fish (salmon I'll guess). WTF
Likes For teejaywhy:
Old 08-28-19, 03:58 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 626 Times in 470 Posts
Nice. Better then the TV helicopters taking footage of each other in the Vuelta the other day. Haven't really watched the highlights for this race.

I'm frustrated that you're watching this on NBCSN yet it doesn't show up in my Gold streaming account? C'mon NBC!
Old 08-29-19, 01:32 AM
BritishV8

Bikes: 1979 Bridgestone SkyWay, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 2002 Specialized Hardrock Comp, 2018 Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Yeah... I followed it online as it unfolded. A great race in an absolutely gorgeous locations!

Recap videos and dramatic photos can be found here: https://www.arctic-race-of-norway.com/en

I was pleased to see Odd Christian Eiking win the "salmon jersey" for being 2019's best climber:

Odd C. Eiking: recognized 2019 Arctic Race of Norway's "Best Climber"