Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

23" Schwinn Voyageur converted to 650B

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

23" Schwinn Voyageur converted to 650B

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-19, 09:40 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked 3,404 Times in 1,205 Posts
23" Schwinn Voyageur converted to 650B SOLD

For sale is this one-of-a-kind 1988 Schwinn Voyageur converted to 650B. This was featured in a build thread on BF back in 2017. It’s a 23” frame, so stand over height is 32.5 inches. ChromeMoly snagged the frame for me in Minnesota & after inspection I shipped it to Gugie in Oregon. He did all of the frame mods & had it powder coated for me by his guy out there. Decals are from Velocals and I did the gold lug lining myself. Rode it at Eroica in 2017 and the Dairyland Dare, in both of those long events it operated flawlessly.

Components are a mix of what works well: a 48/36/24 Shimano triple with a 10 speed 11/34 cassette, Deore derailleurs front and rear, Shimano 600 headset. 10 speed indexed Dura Ace shifters, center pull Mafac Raid brakes with Kool Stop salmon pads, Shimano R400 brake levers, Nitto Noodle bars and a Nitto stem. Note the neat-O Tektro front cable stop.

Cable housing is Jagwire with new Shimano stainless drawn shift and brake cables. Saddle is a Selle Italia Q-Bik. No pedals (unless I happen to have a set of road pedals that work with your shoes).

As shown in the pics it takes 44’s. Have never mounted fenders, so don’t know how large a tire it will take with them. Has rear rack mounts & front mid mounts so can be set up with racks, panniers, etc. for a full touring rig.

Price is $450 SOLD!!! without wheels, but I’ll include the Compass tires. Don’t usually sell a bike without wheels but Mrs. Doc gave me the NOS DA hubs as a Christmas present so there’s an emotional attachment… plus the wheels fit two of the bikes I’m keeping.

Note that price does not include shipping, but I will pack and ship it myself and use Ship Bikes as they are the least expensive right now. No worries on the shipping, I’ve never had one damaged.

Questions? Just ask.

Last edited by rccardr; 10-12-19 at 06:18 AM.