Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Review - Shimano Biopace Crankset

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Review - Shimano Biopace Crankset

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-20, 10:30 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Late to the party... I've got a a couple triple sets of aluminum Sugino Cycloid rings, Where do these fall in the spectrum of non-round rings? I only have one bike running Biopace at the moment, and I there no down side that I can see except the rings are steel. I was planning on replacing the crankset during the next over haul. If I swap rings, will I notice a difference between Cycloid and Bio Pace?
Old 12-14-20, 01:14 PM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by bark_eater
Late to the party... I've got a a couple triple sets of aluminum Sugino Cycloid rings, Where do these fall in the spectrum of non-round rings? I only have one bike running Biopace at the moment, and I there no down side that I can see except the rings are steel. I was planning on replacing the crankset during the next over haul. If I swap rings, will I notice a difference between Cycloid and Bio Pace?
Good question. Don't know much about those. They would probably feel a bit different. If you give them a try, do let us know how they feel compared to biopace.

Sugino cranks are very good quality
Old 01-08-21, 10:54 AM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
If anyone is interested, I finally got around to installing some Biopace HP rings onto my truvativ crankset. (38/48)

I've oriented them backwards. I think it works wonderfully natural with your stroke when using the strap in pedals.