Search
Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-20, 02:39 PM
Pianoboy57

Bikes: 2004 Schwinn Super Sport, 2017 Trek Marlin 6, 1997 Raleigh M80, 200? Schwinn Cruiser SS, 1973 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mirror

I've never seen a section for adaptive bikes. What a good idea. We'll anyway I have a question. I have always been totally blind in my left eye from birth. Merging left has always been difficult on the bike or in the car. I solved the car problem by getting an F150 which has huge mirrors but nothing for the bike. The ones I've seen all my life seem to be department store junk. I fear losing control if I have to turn my head too far to the left to see what is behind me.

I need a mirror for the left side but one that doesn't shake. Would an actual motorcycle mirror work better? Ideas?
Old 06-19-20, 11:32 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 180 Posts
The best one I have ever used is the Mirrycle Mountain Handlebar Mirror but it only works for bikes where you can mount it at the end of the handlebars. If you have bar end shifters it doesn't work. You can mount it on either side of the handlebar. It costs about $15. Here's a seller on eBay who has it for $14 including shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIRRYCLE-HY...EAAOSwaKRe4PAi

I have used this mirror on my recumbent trikes for two decades and it works great. The field of view is large and it does not vibrate at all.
Likes For VegasTriker:
Old 06-20-20, 08:59 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
I've used Mirrycle Original Mirrors since the mid 1980s. I really like them. Optical quality glass and I can even take an image of the reflection in it when riding.

Cheers