Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Eddy Merckx

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-20, 11:41 AM
fishboy316

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Cannondale AL1 Lefty MTB, Trek X01, Trek Farley 7,1951 Raleigh Sport, 57&60 Raleigh Tourist, 70 Raleigh Super Course, 80's Soma Prestiege,72 Raleigh Grand Sports, 85 Club Fuji, 76 Raleigh Competition, 85 Panasonic,70's Peugot u08. & more

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Eddy Merckx

Hey Folks, Been eyeing this for a while. Not a whole lot of info on it in the add. Hoping you guy can shed some light on it and what it is worth. It has Shimano 600, Cinelli bar and stem. Mavic hubs. Will be a complete redo but interesting. Looks like a lot of the paint mars are more funk than scrapes. Just not sure what to give on it. Dude not sure of model.
Thanks for your time.
Bill

Old 01-15-20, 12:14 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked 3,404 Times in 1,205 Posts
I'm going to guess that's a Kessels. Not made by the Merckx factory, but a licensing deal. Eddy had deals with Falcon, too, but this looks nicer to me than the Falcon ones I've seen. Prieces are generally well below $500 even for very, very nice ones.
Old 01-15-20, 12:34 PM
fishboy316

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Cannondale AL1 Lefty MTB, Trek X01, Trek Farley 7,1951 Raleigh Sport, 57&60 Raleigh Tourist, 70 Raleigh Super Course, 80's Soma Prestiege,72 Raleigh Grand Sports, 85 Club Fuji, 76 Raleigh Competition, 85 Panasonic,70's Peugot u08. & more

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
I'm going to guess that's a Kessels. Not made by the Merckx factory, but a licensing deal. Eddy had deals with Falcon, too, but this looks nicer to me than the Falcon ones I've seen. Prieces are generally well below $500 even for very, very nice ones.
Thanks! I think I am going to just leave it alone. He is asking $300. We have the Stop Swap And Save coming up and just going to hold the cash for that. Never know what you will find up there.