Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Yokozuna Motoko Road Disc Brake

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 08-04-19, 10:10 PM
geoffs

Bikes: Co-Motion Mocha Co-pilot, Habanero custom commuter, Seven Axiom SL, Seven Axiom SLX, Blom Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Has anyone tried these on their tandem yet? I'm just wondering them as an alternative to the TRP Hy/Rd as I can buy them wholesale
Old 08-06-19, 11:28 PM
tkramer
TKramer

Bikes: Paketa V2r, Co-motion Equator Co-pilot, Bingham BUILT. tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geoffs
Has anyone tried these on their tandem yet? I'm just wondering them as an alternative to the TRP Hy/Rd as I can buy them wholesale
I have the Motoko as a front caliper on my Co-motion Equator. Much better than the Spyre that came OEM. I left the Spyre on the rear since that's not where the power is needed. Also the set-up, adjustment and mid-wear tuning on the Spyres is a pain. The Motokos, you just turn an adjuster to tighten the cable pull

I have the 4-piston Ultimo on my BinghamBUILT both front and rear (180 mm rotors) and they are really nice. Not as light on the hands as full hydraulic but still lots of near linear modulation throughout the lever range.

I don't have extensive experience with the Hy/Rd brakes to give a valuable comparison - I've just demo'd some bikes with them. I chose Yokozuna because they don't look as bodgy as the TRPs and they come with the rigid housing and premium cables included. Oh, and they are a tad lighter FWIW.