Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

Will NEVER do Business With Wiggle/Chain Reaction Cycles Ever Again (Very Long)

Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Will NEVER do Business With Wiggle/Chain Reaction Cycles Ever Again (Very Long)

Old 06-14-19, 09:45 PM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 38 Posts
Since the idiot was in the support department, I had to get back on the chat - yet again - to make sure that they were clear that the issue was not resolved, and to not close the ticket.

Given more lip service, "we will look into this and be back in touch with you" and as of now we are going into another weekend with not even a hint of a resolution on how they can cut a refund, let alone actually cut the refund. I asked for a check in the mail, they can't do that either. Wut? I mean literally we are going into the weekend and they seem to have no idea how the wheels were purchased and thus no idea how to do a refund. They have no idea why their system can't save a credit card on any browser on any device on any platform on any day. So I guess I'm just ****ed?

So I have no chance of receiving a refund for probably at minimum, 10 more days, and that's if they were magically to figure it out on Monday. Inevitably a few days will go by, I'll hear nothing, have to stay on them, get the runaround, blah blah blah and we will be past 4th of July.

I'm at the point it's time to probably just rescind the charges with my credit card company and have them forcibly remove the funds from Wiggle and charge them additional fees to do so. They have made every single possible step an absolute nightmare. Can't even figure out how to cut a ****ing refund after finally agreeing to do it. Some days it feels like I'm so close to a refund that it would be a huge hassle to launch a big 45 day investigation or whatever with the credit card company and send them every freaking document and chat transcript and type up a big old story of the problems with dates and times and names and departments, but then on other days it's like yeah, Wiggle's not giving me my money back anytime soon either.

Tomorrow is day 72 without product or money.

This company is an absolute disaster.
Old 06-15-19, 09:18 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked 1,577 Times in 910 Posts
Do you run pop-up blockers? Java script blockers? Cache & cookie settings set to "reject?" Are you in "Private" or "incognito" mode?

There could be many reasons the browser wouldn't accept input to a dialog box.

Have you ever seen that Mel Gidson movie, Payback? Sooner or later, if you escalate high enough, you'll find somebody in charge."

There is the Better Business Bureau. There is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (recently de-funded by Congress.) There is you're own state Attornies General. There is Small claims court. It's like $50 to file. Just show up at the appointed time, get your judgement, probably by default 'cause they won't show. Then use that judgement to lien them for their whole operation.

Complaining on BF won't do any good & they clearly have no interest in doing right. Time to get outside legal assistance by a qualified person.

You have all your documentation, right?
Old 06-15-19, 09:21 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked 1,577 Times in 910 Posts
The most expensive $94 Orbitz ever made.
Old 06-20-19, 08:29 AM
puma1552

Was told on Monday that they are having issues saving all US based cards on their site. Asked me for a PayPal address instead to do the refund, so gave them that and told them make sure it's done such that I don't incur any PayPal fees and am made whole. Heard nothing, no refund initiated for the past 48 hours, get back with them and they are now 'looking into it with the finance department' to figure out why the refund hasn't happened.

Get it together?
Old 06-21-19, 06:09 AM
puma1552

Going into another weekend, I figured 24 hours was enough time for them to sort it out in finance, I wasn't going to go into another weekend hearing nothing, so I emailed the guy again this morning, what's the deal?

Get told "Yah I looked into it for you, nothing got done still, sorry!"

So I'm like, can you pick up the phone and speak to someone directly in finance?

"No need for that since I am following up on this personally for you, finance is having technical issues" meaning sorry, you aren't getting your refund via paypal either and no end in sight.

I write back, can you just mail me a check?

Hour goes by, no response, get to work, and figure before I start looking at legal action since they can't provide a refund in any possible way (can't do it through the original payment method, can't do it through website due to "technical issues" saving a US credit card, can't do it through PayPal due to other "technical issues" and can't mail me a check (I do believe I asked someone to do this earlier and got told no)), I'll try ONE LAST TIME to save my card in my account on their site since it had been a few days since I tried.

It actually saved the card this time.

So now I have a default card in my account (again?) which is what they originally asked me to do to process the refund, so there is NO REASON whatsoever that they can't now process the refund today. This is their last chance.
Old 06-21-19, 08:30 AM
Reynolds 531 

Bikes: a few that I can't recall

Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 287 Times in 142 Posts
Just call your bank and ask for a "chargeback". You are getting the runaround. I have an internet business, and we do not need, even do Not WANT your credit card number to do a refund.

I have employees, I do not want them randomly knowing customers credit card numbers. The banks and every company that grabs money from our website to our bank account also DOES NOT want to see the credit card number either, because now we cannot get blamed for stealing your credit card.

It takes mouseclicks to refund, not entering numbers and making a payment to you.
Likes For Reynolds 531:
Old 06-21-19, 11:30 AM
superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle
It sounds to me your biggest problem is with the shipping process (your local USPS, mostly), and nothing to do with Wiggle at all.
Don't blame an overseas company for issues with shipping there. It's not Wiggle's issue.

I sold a frame on ebay a few weeks ago. Shipped via USPS, I'm in Colorado and the destination was South Carolina. The frame went to San Francisco first. Eventually made it to SC, but to the wrong coast first? Wha?

Sucks to receive a bad product. Shipping back to the UK is no fun. Didn't read though all this, what wheels were they?

Last edited by superdex; 06-21-19 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-21-19, 06:21 PM
puma1552

Originally Posted by Reynolds 531
Just call your bank and ask for a "chargeback". You are getting the runaround. I have an internet business, and we do not need, even do Not WANT your credit card number to do a refund.

I have employees, I do not want them randomly knowing customers credit card numbers. The banks and every company that grabs money from our website to our bank account also DOES NOT want to see the credit card number either, because now we cannot get blamed for stealing your credit card.

It takes mouseclicks to refund, not entering numbers and making a payment to you.
I was about to do that this morning and slog through that probably inevitable 45-60 day investigation hassle, when I thought just once to try adding a card and it worked, so there's zero reason for them not to process the refund ASAP. It needs to happen Monday.

Problem with rescinding the charge with my credit card is that while no doubt I would win since I have neither product nor money and have tons and tons and tons of documentation of Wiggle's failures at every single point, it would then start the clock over on a 45-60 day investigation, I'd have to print out/organize/document/write up a story of this disaster, and in the end I probably wouldn't even get my return shipping that Wiggle owes me because that was paid for through the post office (albeit using Wiggle's return system), so I can't even chargeback the shipping because it wasn't a Wiggle charge. Starting over the clock when I feel I'm so close to a refund is not appealing and is an absolute last resort, but I'm right at that point.

Wiggle told me on May 29th they had successfully processed a refund, it will now be June 24th at earliest before I am told that again, which is completely asinine. By next week one of two things will happen, either the refund will be processed or I will be doing the credit card chargeback, no inbetween.

Honestly, I'd like to take them to small claims court just to make this as ugly for them as they have for me, and I've never wanted to take anyone to court, ever. **** them.
Old 06-25-19, 09:16 AM
puma1552

Left a bad review over the weekend on a site where they reply to the reviews, basically said in no uncertain terms that the refunds have to be processed by close of business on Monday, June 24th, or the credit card company would be forcibly removing the funds.

When you put them on blast in public, they respond, which is sad.

So, on day 81, the refunds were processed, and I can now see them pending on my credit card, and should post in a few days. Since I can see them on my card, this SHOULD be the very end of it.

So in the end, let's call it 85 days by the time it posts.

Never again. And honestly, as a warning, google any of the UK retailers and read the bad reviews or return reviews...they are all an equal nightmare to deal with.

Last edited by puma1552; 06-25-19 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-26-19, 06:31 AM
puma1552

83 days is the grand total. Refunds fully posted and the money is mine again. So glad to be done with this.
Likes For puma1552:
Old 06-27-19, 10:15 AM
puma1552

And, for total finality, as someone who never ever asks for any additional compensation, in this case I thought it was appropriate just to ask and see, and they came back with a 35 pound voucher that's good for two years. So I guess I'll order some cheap consumable(s) that I won't care about if they never show up and have zero chance of ever needing to return because I would just throw them out instead.

Lastly, now that the refunds are indeed finalized, I did send the warranty team an email just for my curiosity to find out what ever happened with the wheels, to see if they were ever analyzed and deemed faulty. Recall that if you send something back to Wiggle and claim it as faulty, their warranty team liaisons with the manufacturer to do a fault analysis before deciding whether to give you a refund or not. They had finally agreed to a refund because once the wheels arrived at Wiggle, they somehow never made it within Wiggle back to the warranty department after 30 days, so they just said they'd refund me.

I asked what ever came of the wheels, if they ever made it back and were analyzed, and the warranty lady just said they just got sent back to the manufacturer so who knows what happened, no analysis was ever done anyway. I found this odd; while it seems in this case Wiggle may have (or may not have) taken a loss on the wheels, it still seems like regardless of refunding me, it would've been in their best interest to liaison with the manufacturer to still see if the wheels were defective so they could be made whole in turn if they are.

So, the conclusions here are either Wiggle was not made whole and took a loss they may not have needed to by not bothering to have an analysis done, or they were made whole sending the wheels back to the manufacturer regardless of fault status and the whole warranty analysis is just a big hassle/sham to deny giving refunds.

So I guess I'll never know for sure. But since this is done now, I'll just state that the wheels in question were Campagnolo Zondas.

Back in the market for wheels, and still on the Shimano boat anchors the bike came with. Would still like to give another set of Zondas a shot...
Old 06-27-19, 12:20 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
And, for total finality, as someone who never ever asks for any additional compensation, in this case I thought it was appropriate just to ask and see, and they came back with a 35 pound voucher that's good for two years. So I guess I'll order some cheap consumable(s) that I won't care about if they never show up and have zero chance of ever needing to return because I would just throw them out instead.

Lastly, now that the refunds are indeed finalized, I did send the warranty team an email just for my curiosity to find out what ever happened with the wheels, to see if they were ever analyzed and deemed faulty. Recall that if you send something back to Wiggle and claim it as faulty, their warranty team liaisons with the manufacturer to do a fault analysis before deciding whether to give you a refund or not. They had finally agreed to a refund because once the wheels arrived at Wiggle, they somehow never made it within Wiggle back to the warranty department after 30 days, so they just said they'd refund me.

I asked what ever came of the wheels, if they ever made it back and were analyzed, and the warranty lady just said they just got sent back to the manufacturer so who knows what happened, no analysis was ever done anyway. I found this odd; while it seems in this case Wiggle may have (or may not have) taken a loss on the wheels, it still seems like regardless of refunding me, it would've been in their best interest to liaison with the manufacturer to still see if the wheels were defective so they could be made whole in turn if they are.

So, the conclusions here are either Wiggle was not made whole and took a loss they may not have needed to by not bothering to have an analysis done, or they were made whole sending the wheels back to the manufacturer regardless of fault status and the whole warranty analysis is just a big hassle/sham to deny giving refunds.

So I guess I'll never know for sure. But since this is done now, I'll just state that the wheels in question were Campagnolo Zondas.

Back in the market for wheels, and still on the Shimano boat anchors the bike came with. Would still like to give another set of Zondas a shot...
Perhaps try out the German E-tailers.
Old 05-24-20, 11:17 AM
puma1552

So just to update this a year later, I did end up buying another set of Zondas elsewhere, and have several hundred miles on them using the rock hard pads of my choice that I like (Shimano R55C4) and zero issues whatsoever. No shards in the pads at all. Hard to believe something really went that wrong in the production process of the first set, but I guess something really was wrong.
Likes For puma1552: