Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Looking for info on this Hercules Sports Model

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-20, 09:24 AM
tommywpg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm don't know very much about bikes of this vintage. I'm told it might be 1930s. I'd also like to know how much of it is original. The tires are from Gillette which I've not come across before and it has a flip flop hub which is really interesting to me.

Valuation is secondary to pinning down its year and how complete it is. Any relevant info appreciated. Info about what it's worth as it sits as well as restored would be interesting too.

I'm basically trying to figure out if I want to restore it or just find it a good home with someone able to bring it back to full function and correct components.

Thanks for your interest.
Old 09-23-20, 10:11 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
Liked 3,336 Times in 2,176 Posts
-----

It is definitely early enough to have been produced in the Hercules plant

the "flip-flop" rear hub is referred to in British terminology as D/S for double-sided

note the flared head lugs

----

Last edited by juvela; 09-23-20 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spellin'