Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

2021 4th of July Build

Search
Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

2021 4th of July Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-20, 11:20 AM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
2021 4th of July Build

I knew our town had a 4th of July parade every year , but this year afterwards I found on their Facebook page where they called it a bike and golf cart parade.
I wouldn’t have gone this year because of Covid , but it gave me an idea for next year .
I decided to build a 4th of July parade bike.
Most of the frames I have left are either too small or too big , but with a little work , I think I can make this blue Schwinn Mountain Bike Work .
I’ve been working on it a couple days and I’m waiting for parts to come in to add to it .
An anodized blue single speed, set of wheels will replace this set , paired up with Kenda white tires .

EDIT : I’ve decided to put the red anodized wheels off my Electra on this build . I think the red will look better and the blue set will go on my matt bark Electra C1 .

I swapped out the cranks and have an anodized blue , aluminum 36 tooth chainring . I want it to be super easy to pedal at parade speeds .
I’ll keep the front brake .
I’ve ordered some red , white , and blue reflective tape that’ll I’ll use to add a flag theme to the bike .
I’ll be adding a rear rack some I can have an American Flag attached and flowing from the rear of the bike . I’ve also ordered a 3”x6” Flag bike tag to attach to the rear of the rack . It’ll have in white letters “ LOVE CRUISING”
I’ve got an Eagle/American flag decal ordered to go on the back of my moped style helmet and some white Star stickers to put on the helmet and the bike .

Last edited by OldCruiser; 07-13-20 at 08:47 PM.
Likes For OldCruiser:
Old 07-14-20, 11:27 AM
OldCruiser

Did some work on the “ 4th of July “ bike Today . It’s starting to come together.
Blue chainring should be here today . I have a red chain to go with it , Flag tag has shipped along with my star decals and Eagle/Flag decal for helmet .
Front brake works great ! Bike is riding awesome . Feels like riding an old Stingray bike or a BMX bike .
Old 07-14-20, 05:20 PM
OldCruiser

Added my blue chainring and pedal extenders this evening .
Decided to keep the gold chain .
I need to add my white stars when they get here and the Brooks B-67 saddle I’ll be ordering for it and I’ll be finished except for adding an American flag to the rear rack next Fourth of July for the parade.
I’m liking the low gearing , with a 36 chairing and a 22 tooth rear , it’ll make a good simple winter bike to get in some rides when I have to wear too many clothes to go ride .
Old 07-16-20, 02:01 PM
OldCruiser

Got my Flag Tag today.
Tried it on the back , but decided to mount in on the bars up front .
Might switch it back to the rear .

Old 07-22-20, 05:51 PM
OldCruiser

The Schwinn frame was just too small for me , so this afternoon I dug out my Fuji MTB frame and swapped everything over .
I liked the blue , but I like the white and blue also .