Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Any stage 4 CKD people here? (or post transplant)

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Old 08-02-20, 04:45 PM
sirjag

Bikes: Giant Contend SL 1 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 52 Posts

Hello All,
My wife is currently stage 4 CKD. Her GFR varies between 15-19. We were supposed to get a transplant from her Father this past April but Covid has squashed that completely until next year sometime.

I'm wondering if anyone here has some experience cycling with Kidney failure. Or have a loved one who suffers from CKD and also cycles.

My lady has started biking every other day for what started out as 20min 1-4mile rides. Now she is doing 10miles (avg speed has increased from 8mph to 11.5mph )every other day and we are both kinda wondering when she will hit the wall and not be able to progress any further...if that is such a thing that is...we simply have no idea what we are in for...

Hoping some can share some experiences, or story's of cycling post transplant.

thanks guys,
JAG
Old 08-16-20, 02:58 PM
sirjag

Bikes: Giant Contend SL 1 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 52 Posts
Thought i'd bump this thread again and see if anyone out there has some cycling with CKD (chronic kidney disease) stories or tips to share.

JAG
Old 08-16-20, 04:38 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
Not everyone at BF gets down this low on the sub-forum list. If you don't get a hit in a few more days, then try a different and busier sub-forum. Road or Over Fifty..... if you qualify. Is an interesting question though.