Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Experience with Ali Express

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-20, 11:00 AM
BismarckII

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hey everyone!

​​​​​​Has any of you ordered any products for bikes from Aliexpress yet?
Are they good quality?
What are good stores?

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-29-20, 05:44 PM
The Chemist

Bikes: Waltly Custom Ti // Seaboard CX01 // Dahon Boardwalk

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 245 Posts
Originally Posted by BismarckII
Hey everyone!

​​​​​​Has any of you ordered any products for bikes from Aliexpress yet?
Are they good quality?
What are good stores?

Thanks for your help!
I live in China so I use the domestic version called Taobao all the time. I have got a lot of good stuff off Taobao for my bike, and it's almost all good quality. The important thing to look for, IMO, is sales volume. If something has sold a lot, then it's probably decent and okay to buy. Buying something with little or no sales volume can be a bit of a crap shoot, though.
Old 08-30-20, 11:30 AM
BismarckII

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks

Thank you for your help. I now ordered some products, which had a high volume in sales. I will keep you updated on how the quality turns out!
Old 08-30-20, 11:57 AM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked 1,732 Times in 972 Posts
I've bought some items from there- just keep in mind that ever since the coronavirus , it's been taking an ungodly long time (on the order of 2 months) for items to come in from China. It's a shipping/logistics issue and not the fault of the sellers. Same problem with China based sellers on Ebay.
Old 08-30-20, 12:29 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
I've bought some items from there- just keep in mind that ever since the coronavirus , it's been taking an ungodly long time (on the order of 2 months) for items to come in from China. It's a shipping/logistics issue and not the fault of the sellers. Same problem with China based sellers on Ebay.
It all depends on how little you're willing to pay for shipping and handling; and who does it.

I had a shipment from Taobao via SuperBuy I ordered and it came to my door in 8 calendar days from day of order...but my only choice in shipping was UPS Air--so the shipping cost slightly more than the item did...then again I couldn't buy the item anywhere but Taobao, so I didn't really have a choice. It actually would have been 6-7 days, but the UPS flight out of Hong Kong took off 30 minutes early they 1st day it tried to leave China.

Moral of the story....you can get retail goods out of China as fast as domestic Amazon some times--but you are going to pay $$$ for it. The reason it takes forever--is because the merchant chooses to save money.