Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Anybody already book il Palazzo (Bridge St. Inn) for Eroica 2020?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-19, 10:35 AM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Liked 5,795 Times in 2,281 Posts

Just looked at AirBnB, looks like someone's already got it book for Eroica California weekend.

Anybody here do that? You can PM me if so...need to find a place to rest my head for the weekend...
Old 07-14-19, 05:22 AM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Mark. Have you considered other properties or maybe moving a bit more upscale for your group? Consider the Pickford House. 9 bedrooms, 13 parking spaces, sleeps up to 23. If you rent the entire place for 3 nights (Friday arrival and check out Monday) and with the same 12 guests as before, it’s $4668, which works out to $130/night, about 2.3x your previous low costs. However the price does not go up for more guests! Same price for the full 23, but let’s just say 20 guests. That would then work out to $67/guest/night.

if you arrive Thursday and check out Monday, the cost is $5880 all in, works out for 20 at $73/night and you still have the whole place. Might be an interesting alternative and dates are available. Of course, getting folks to commit and agree on dates isn’t easy.

https://www.vrbo.com/285192ha?adults...ure=2020-04-06

But i I do encourage everyone to consider sharing rentals at local AirBNB and VRBO to help cut the costs if needed. A nice 3 bedroom house could sleep 3-6 and the ~ $300/night cost goes down to $100-50/person.

Quite a few properties for the Eroica dates are already snapped up so if you’re going, don’t delay getting your accommodations in or around town, don’t forget San Simeon, Cayucos, even SLO and Paso Robles and Templeton are only. 25-30 min drive away but may be much warmer comparatively.

Bart
Old 07-14-19, 10:28 AM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Liked 5,795 Times in 2,281 Posts
Originally Posted by mech986
Mark. Have you considered other properties or maybe moving a bit more upscale for your group? Consider the Pickford House. 9 bedrooms, 13 parking spaces, sleeps up to 23. If you rent the entire place for 3 nights (Friday arrival and check out Monday) and with the same 12 guests as before, it’s $4668, which works out to $130/night, about 2.3x your previous low costs. However the price does not go up for more guests! Same price for the full 23, but let’s just say 20 guests. That would then work out to $67/guest/night.

if you arrive Thursday and check out Monday, the cost is $5880 all in, works out for 20 at $73/night and you still have the whole place. Might be an interesting alternative and dates are available. Of course, getting folks to commit and agree on dates isn’t easy.

https://www.vrbo.com/285192ha?adults...ure=2020-04-06

But i I do encourage everyone to consider sharing rentals at local AirBNB and VRBO to help cut the costs if needed. A nice 3 bedroom house could sleep 3-6 and the ~ $300/night cost goes down to $100-50/person.

Quite a few properties for the Eroica dates are already snapped up so if you’re going, don’t delay getting your accommodations in or around town, don’t forget San Simeon, Cayucos, even SLO and Paso Robles and Templeton are only. 25-30 min drive away but may be much warmer comparatively.

Bart
Funny thing, I was just looking at that very place and thinking the same thing!

Email on it's way...
Old 07-14-19, 04:31 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
reply sent. Good luck!