Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Just Placed An Order

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Just Placed An Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-12, 09:41 PM
gdawg55

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just Placed An Order

Well, after alot of research, riding, and debate, I finally ordered a 2013 Coda Sport today. My decision came down to the Coda Sport, Quick 4, and the Giant Escape 0. I realize the Escape 0 is a notch or two above the Coda Sport as far as components, but I didn't like any of the Escape colors for 2013 except for the 0 so that's the one I would have gotten. All 3 bikes were nice (rode a Quick 5, Escape 1, and a ladies Coda Comp in 18" as demos...closest things I could get due to model change time). The Cannondale was the most upright (if not a bit cramped) and it rode second best. The Giant also rode well, but the fit and finish wasn't quite as good as the Quick. My favorite was the Coda as it rode a bit better (smoother) and the fit and finish was really nice. It is also a bit more retro looking than the others...I like that. I ended up ordering a 19" Coda Sport in black.

The Jamis dealer turned out to be the most helpful and friendly....that was a big plus to me. The local Giant dealer acted like I wasn't even in the store and I had to ask 2 different people for help before someone showed any interest that I was in their shop. Anyway, my new bike should be in next Wed and I'm really pumped. I'm looking forward to getting back to a steel frame ride and having a good base for upgrades later on as things wear out. I'll post some pics when I get my new toy...
Old 08-26-12, 11:52 AM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It sounds like you have done your homework well...

Best of luck to you and your new riding partner. May the two of you share many happy miles together...
Old 08-26-12, 06:06 PM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
I got my 2012 Coda Sport in Sept. 2011 and it's got near 1800 miles and I LOVE it, it does everything and is a great "Trailer Tugger" too, ENJOY!

Old 08-26-12, 07:50 PM
gdawg55

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks....I'm really excited. I haven't bought a new bike in a long time. The search was fun (yet agonizing at times). I didn't realize there were so many bike dealers around my area....it made my selection process a bit easier. Can't wait to put some miles on my new ride.
Old 08-28-12, 01:18 PM
KungPaoSchwinn

Bikes: 2009 Trek FX 7.3 ( pimp moment )

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Good choice,hope the bike is not damage when delivered.
Old 08-29-12, 05:48 PM
gdawg55

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Got a call from LBS this afternoon. Bike is in and ready to go. Unfortunately I was traveling today and couldn't make it to the shop in time so I'll have to wait until tomorrow....bummer. Bike tech said it looked great and everything worked like it should on their quick test ride. Work tomorrow is going to creep by I'm guessing.
Old 08-30-12, 09:07 AM
batcat

Bikes: Jamis Yoda Sport (2011 model) ; Stinsmen Veloce (on a wind trainer)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good choice. Welcome to the small, but growing, Famous Jamis Owner Group (F-JOG) of the forum. (The "Famous" refers to Jamis rather than the owners). We're passionate advocates of our fun bikes and of steel frames in general, and don't hesitate to recommend the various Coda models.

Get out there and have fun, be safe, ask any questions of the group, tweak things on the bike until it feels good, buy presents for it, and post some pictures!
Old 08-30-12, 06:03 PM
gdawg55

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Picked up my new black Coda Sport this afternoon. What a great bike. Looks much better in person than on the website. The fit and finish is really nice. Took her for an inaugural 5 mile ride and really enjoyed how it felt. The bike shifts really well (for lower end components), the brakes are strong, the comfort grips are comfy, and the ride quality is awesome. I'm so glad I chose this bike over the others I tried. This thing is sweet....and I love the retro steel feel. I hope to be putting some good long miles on her over the years to come.

I will post pics as soon as I get a chance for those that are interested. I highly recommend those of you looking for a hybrid to give the Coda line a real hard look. Great bike for a good price.
Old 09-05-12, 06:23 PM
gdawg55

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here are a couple of pics of my new 2013 Coda Spot. It's completely stock at the moment...just trying to get used to it before I make any changes. The only thing that needs adjusting is the stem. I will most likely lower it some as it a bit too high at the moment. Other than that, everything is spot on. I love this bike already....it rides great, it's comfortable, and reasonably quick. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a hybrid to give Jamis a consideration.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2013 Coda Resize Outside.jpg (104.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg
Coda Resize2.jpg (100.6 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by gdawg55; 09-05-12 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added text
Old 09-05-12, 11:45 PM
batcat

Bikes: Jamis Yoda Sport (2011 model) ; Stinsmen Veloce (on a wind trainer)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice. You certainly can't accuse Jamis of plastering the brand name in glaring block letters on every tube of the bicycle like some I've seen (are they paying us to advertise??). Classy (as befits a steel bike) and subtle. Have fun!!