Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Dragged out of the shadows

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 02-14-19, 11:30 AM
Trinity Pratt

Bikes: 2014 Wilier Zero.9, 2010 Orbea Aqua, 2007 Ross mtb, 1972 Sekine GS, 1971 Motobecane Grand Record, 1953 Parkes Magpie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Oh well, all right ... been lurking around here for 7 or 8 years, joined in 2013. Somehow never posted anything until just recently, which I didn't realize until I tried to put a pic of my "new" Zero.9 on the Wilier thread.

So anyway, I'm a long-time runner who started riding in 2007, for the first time since I was a teenager, when my employer gave me a cheap MTB for my 25-year anniversary. That same year I turned 50, so, yes, I'm old. Nevertheless, I went on to buy a road bike in 2010, started (and eventually mostly stopped) racing crits - funnest/hardest/scariest thing I've ever done. I mostly ride road, mostly solo, but do get out on some gnarly single-track with my boys and our MTBs every so often.

By now, between me, my wife, and two sons, there are 13 bikes in the basement "bike room", spanning 1953-2017. Pretty much do the maintenance myself; as a vintage-car owner I'm used to that, plus have learned a great deal from these forums, You Tube, and just talking to friendly mechanics in the local shops. Guess I mostly hang around the C&V, 50+, Masters Racing, & Mechanics forums. Haven't said much since I hate looking dumb, though for some reason it seems to happen to me a lot.

Thanks for listening, see y'all around.

Dan
Old 02-14-19, 08:39 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3084 Post(s)
Liked 6,541 Times in 3,756 Posts
Welcome! We're glad that you have de-cloaked and started posting.
Old 02-16-19, 07:02 AM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11385 Post(s)
Liked 4,706 Times in 2,745 Posts
Good to see you, Dbradley!
Old 02-16-19, 09:56 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2425 Post(s)
Liked 1,399 Times in 894 Posts
Hello and welcome! A few people have joined a while ago and finally decided to post. I'm glad you did!

And don't worry about "looking dumb" everyone starts somewhere and if there is anyone that gives you trouble, just report it by clicking on the red exclamation point to the left of the offending post. It's anonymous and it will be taken care of if need be.

So post away!

We probably can learn a lot from YOU!
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 02-18-19, 07:58 AM
Trinity Pratt

Bikes: 2014 Wilier Zero.9, 2010 Orbea Aqua, 2007 Ross mtb, 1972 Sekine GS, 1971 Motobecane Grand Record, 1953 Parkes Magpie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks, all.
Old 02-18-19, 08:52 AM
sjt

Bikes: Klein Q Pro Carbon, Litespeed Owl Hollow, Scott Genius, Nishiki Riviera

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from greater Raleigh. As another family of 4, I have some catching up to do, only about 9 bikes here but no basement to put them in.
Old 02-18-19, 10:03 AM
palangu
dilettante

Bikes: Two 80´s Monarks, one fixed-gear and one three speed, plus a eletric assisted bakfeist.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It seems that to be here with no posts, just looking, is quite common. I´ve been reading quite similar histories lately. Like me, I joined in 2013 too and just present myself a couple of weeks ago, my first interaction here. I would be glad to became able to post pics too.