Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Saddle help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-19, 10:13 AM
billmc40

Bikes: Trek 7.3FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 55 Posts
Saddle help

I hanve come for opinions. I have a fitness bike and a road bike. The fitness has a B17, realize on that bike [fitness] you sit up. I also have a road bike that needs a new saddle. I am wondering if a B17 would work on it or do I need to get the Pro Team which is currently back ordered or the B17 narrow, which doesn't offer the beveled sides in the nose. I want to hear what you think.
Old 12-23-19, 11:44 AM
Sojodave

Bikes: The Blurple Specialized Roubaix Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 75 Posts
Use the B17 on both bikes... Done
Old 12-23-19, 05:14 PM
Borisb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The B17 is fine for more aggressive riding positions too, if you like the saddle on your fitness bike you should go for it.
Old 12-25-19, 05:44 PM
DeadGrandpa

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 201 Posts
I have gone to the ISM PR 2.0 and PR 3.0, for my all purpose paved road bike and my bikepacking bike. They are split, short nose saddles. I respect the leather saddle choice, but since I may be riding in the rain and don't want to bother with a saddle cover, I exclude the Brooks from consideration. I used to ride and love the WTB touring and speed saddles. I like the ISM saddles better.
Old 12-26-19, 05:40 AM
ironwood

Bikes: 1984 Bridgestone 400 1985Univega nouevo sport 650b conversion 1993b'stone RBT 1985 Schwinn Tempo

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 100 Posts
Try the B-17 on the road bike. There are some who prefer a narrower saddle, but that's a personal choice. For long rides the B-17 is probably the better choice.