Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Plus 50 kit group buy pictures.

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-15, 02:18 PM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 371 Posts

OK, you all have your new kit, how about some photos.
Today was an excellent day to try out the new jacket. The weather was a coolish 60 degrees or so, and we hit a few light showers on our 20 km ride.
It was perfect for those conditions.

I can't do the looking away pose without thinking of billydonn. This one is a tribute to our fallen friend.

Old 08-26-15, 02:47 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Lookin' good.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 08-28-15, 09:39 AM
SammyJ 

Bikes: 2012 Caad 8 105; 1994 Trek 5500

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 18 Posts
Got Mine, are we the only two?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1010.JPG (74.0 KB, 104 views)

I am grateful for the headwind that challenged me today!
I am grateful for the tailwind that helped me go fast!

Clydesdales and Athenas Strava Club
https://www.strava.com/clubs/clydesda...bikeforums-net
Old 08-28-15, 09:58 AM
Dan Burkhart 

Originally Posted by SammyJ
Got Mine, are we the only two?

Maybe the only two that aren't camera shy?
Old 08-28-15, 02:16 PM
Oldguyonoldbike

Bikes: Casati Laser, Colnago Tecnos, Ciöcc Exige, Black Mountain Cycles Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 78 Posts

Proudly wearing mine!
Attached Images
50+.jpg (101.5 KB, 113 views)
Old 09-20-15, 02:16 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Many thanks to Bill for all his work in offering the opportunity to acquire the PlusFifty jersey.

A little delayed (long story) but proudly wore my jersey today for the first time.

Absolutely wonderful day up here in southern Ontario - now the heat of summer has passed I tried an 'inland' route. Believe it or not, by my standards the 2,142 elevation gains over 41 miles was a good workout. (My usual rides are by the lake - thus very flat).
Attached Images
PlusFifty jersey.jpg (101.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 09-20-15, 03:41 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
I'll post my picture when I get my new bike in a few weeks -- new bike and jersey.

Am I the only one who purchased an XL and its way too long? Its sort of loose fitting but that's ok.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 09-20-15, 06:36 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Look forward to seeing your new jersey/bike combination.

Originally Posted by RonH
... Am I the only one who purchased an XL and its way too long?
I am 6'1" and it seems right length to me

Its sort of loose fitting but that's ok.
At 175lbs, mine is just about perfect for wearing on its own - being relatively snug, but not tight. If I wanted to wear an under-garment for warmth, I likely would prefer an XXL.

Last edited by FamilyMan007; 09-20-15 at 09:02 PM. Reason: added my weight
Old 09-20-15, 06:39 PM
Dan Burkhart 

Originally Posted by FamilyMan007
Many thanks to Bill for all his work in offering the opportunity to acquire the PlusFifty jersey.

A little delayed (long story) but proudly wore my jersey today for the first time.

Absolutely wonderful day up here in southern Ontario - now the heat of summer has passed I tried an 'inland' route. Believe it or not, by my standards the 2,142 elevation gains over 41 miles was a good workout. (My usual rides are by the lake - thus very flat).
If you ride by the lake west of the city, you might just spot my 50+ gear on the road some day. If you do, be sure to give a holler.
Old 09-20-15, 07:03 PM
lphilpot
Saved by Grace

Bikes: Only one at a time; currently a 2012 Specialized Tricross Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
Am I the only one who purchased an XL and its way too long? Its sort of loose fitting but that's ok.
I have an XL from the last order ...or was it the one before? In contrast to your description, mine's quite tight - Almost a painted-on second skin once zipped, much smaller and shorter than, for example, the Canari XL I bought locally or the AeroTech XL I ordered online. It was the club cut, not race cut. But I still like it much.

Aside from my avatar, here's the only other image I have of me wearing it: A very blurry FB video frame from yesterday's start of the 50 mile version of Le Tour de Bayou. Must've been my blinding speed causing the blur. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Attached Images
LTdB_50plus.jpg (30.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 09-24-15, 01:29 PM
winston63 

Bikes: Specialized Diverge E5 Comp, Specialized AWOL Comp, Scott Solace 10

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Well, at long last here's a photo of me in my jersey. This was the second time I've worn the jersey: I first wore it on a charity ride a few weeks ago, but I don't have any pictures of myself on that one. On this ride, fellow Bike Forum member Tesgin happened to be on a bike tour that took in my home city so we arranged to meet for a ride. It was a terrific day!
Attached Images
50Plus.jpg (106.9 KB, 89 views)
Old 09-24-15, 02:20 PM
freedomrider1

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by winston63
Well, at long last here's a photo of me in my jersey. This was the second time I've worn the jersey: I first wore it on a charity ride a few weeks ago, but I don't have any pictures of myself on that one. On this ride, fellow Bike Forum member Tesgin happened to be on a bike tour that took in my home city so we arranged to meet for a ride. It was a terrific day!
wait a minute, you got some I.D. mister.
Old 09-24-15, 02:25 PM
winston63 

Originally Posted by freedomrider1
wait a minute, you got some I.D. mister.
LOL! That makes my day - I suppose I look a bit on the young side in that particular shot. It helps that my helmet covers what little gray hair I've got left - I'll dig up another photo of myself that my wife took (sans helmet) and I can assure you I look north of 50 in that one!
Old 09-24-15, 06:04 PM
freedomrider1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 09-29-15, 07:30 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,836 Times in 2,229 Posts
I posted in the 65+ thread that a Fifty+ jersey seems a bit... juvenile... for some of us. How about a 65+ jersey? Same design is great with only 2 numbers changed.
Old 09-29-15, 08:28 PM
silkey

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would like to see 60 70 and 80s .really shake up the younger folks!
Old 09-30-15, 06:04 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
If you want a set of different ages on kit, go to one of the sites that have custom kit available. We use the 50+ because its the title of this forum and how we identify ourselves as a group. The sites will not allow you to just say, "change this to x, from y", and that is it. They charge you for every change in the design, and the 50+ design is actually the artistic property of Curtis. I simply managed the group buy for him, and I have no desire to go through, or to finance a design change. Curtis and I addressed this in each group buy, not to be difficult, but this is what, and why, its that way.

Any one that wants to initiate a different design, and have a group buy can do so, I'd be happy to direct you to Champion Systems, https://champ-sys.com/index.php where you can set up an account and they will assist you in the design you want to use, and to charge you to do so. They have several levels of minimum piece count programs, even a single item that costs over twice what our pieces cost. The more items you have as a minimum, the less they cost. But, not on Curtis' design, nor in the account we have established.

Should Curtis change his mind, then it will certainly happen, and with my support, but his schedule of classes and life's demands have him tied up. I will, at some point in the future, have another 50+ kit buy, as the manger only. That will be next year at the earliest, with my own schedule, and things I have going on.

Respectfully,
Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Last edited by qcpmsame; 09-30-15 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-07-15, 12:48 PM
SloButWide 
Heck on Wheels

Bikes: In Signature

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
For those looking for custom kit - one of the ads I was just served is for Jakroo Custom Jerseys. Single unit prices are $160, but 6-24 unit buys fall to $92 each. They have an online designer you can play with.

I haven't used them, and don't get paid by them. I thought it was funny to see the ad a day after reading the thread.

Bikes so far: 2011 Felt Z85, 80's Raleigh Sovereign (USA), 91 Bianchi Peregrine, 91 Austro-Daimler Pathfinder, 90's Trek 730 Multitrack, STOLEN: 80 Schwinn Voyageur (Japan)

Old 10-07-15, 03:13 PM
Deves

Bikes: 1968 Schwinn Stingray 3-speed 1974 Centurion Super Le mans 2012 Giant Sedona 2016 TREK FX 7.2 2017 Motive Spark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all, I've wanted a Bike Jersey for a long time just never got around to ordering one because I couldn't find one I liked until I saw this thread. I would proudly wear this when i'm out on my bike. Is there a place where I could get one of these? Thank you
Old 10-07-15, 03:24 PM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Rick@OCRR in a non-OCRR jersey for a change!

Note: This 50+ jersey was from the previous buy (or the one before that?) but I thought I'd post it anyway. Back when I was still riding my GURU!
Attached Images
Old 10-08-15, 07:14 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by Deves
Hello all, I've wanted a Bike Jersey for a long time just never got around to ordering one because I couldn't find one I liked until I saw this thread. I would proudly wear this when i'm out on my bike. Is there a place where I could get one of these? Thank you
They are not available on an open purchase system, it is done through Champion System, in their custom kit program. We use the 10 item minimum program so that the cost gets into a reasonable range that isn't going to bankrupt anyone. It is first rate kit, very well made and the design is by cccorlew, Curtis Corlew, one of our long time members. He started this program here, and did a fantastic job of designing the kit items, and on setting up the account we use. No other age classifications are available, the 50+ reflects the name of this forum.

The last group kit buy was this past summer, I am not looking at doing another one until after the new year. If Curtis decides that another is needed before then, it is his place to do so and I'd handle things happily, if he does so. Its a good bit of work, but worth the efforts. Watch for an announcement about anything we have in the planning stages around January 2016, or so.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 10-08-15, 09:51 AM
Deves

Bikes: 1968 Schwinn Stingray 3-speed 1974 Centurion Super Le mans 2012 Giant Sedona 2016 TREK FX 7.2 2017 Motive Spark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
They are not available on an open purchase system, it is done through Champion System, in their custom kit program. We use the 10 item minimum program so that the cost gets into a reasonable range that isn't going to bankrupt anyone. It is first rate kit, very well made and the design is by cccorlew, Curtis Corlew, one of our long time members. He started this program here, and did a fantastic job of designing the kit items, and on setting up the account we use. No other age classifications are available, the 50+ reflects the name of this forum.

The last group kit buy was this past summer, I am not looking at doing another one until after the new year. If Curtis decides that another is needed before then, it is his place to do so and I'd handle things happily, if he does so. Its a good bit of work, but worth the efforts. Watch for an announcement about anything we have in the planning stages around January 2016, or so.

Bill
Oh well I would have liked to order one. Guess i'll have to wait till?
Old 10-08-15, 09:55 AM
winston63 

Originally Posted by Deves
Oh well I would have liked to order one. Guess i'll have to wait till?
I can tell you the kit is first rate. I bought a single jersey during the last group purchase and I'm thrilled with the quality, fit and design. I'll be buying more when the next group purchase rolls around.
Old 10-13-15, 05:49 AM
Outnumbered

Bikes: Cyclocross Generic Steel Frame 105 Shimano Group Set, Minn Framed Fat Bike

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It took me a while to post my picture but I finally remembered, guess that's another reason why I wear an over 50 shirt. This is at a rest stop 80 miles into my first century ever last month.
Attached Images
IMG_20150914_133353.jpg (102.4 KB, 34 views)
Old 11-12-15, 10:05 AM
WarrenR

Bikes: 2005 Peugeot Evasion 2019 Trek Verve

Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Another one finally getting around-2-it

Attached Images
BF-01.jpg (46.5 KB, 26 views)