Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Suntour Superbe Pro black/gold Black Lightning groupset

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-16, 01:54 PM
Henry III
is just a real cool dude

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

I kept this group to use on the new frame I built but I just wasn't feeling an older group with this build. I also have some extras to make this a complete build just add frame/fork/calipers

Suntour Superbe Pro
-Crankset (170mm)
-Bottom Bracket (no pitting and great shape)
-FD
-RD
-Shifters (originals were friction only but I also have indexing Superbe Pro's also)
-Wheelset (Superbe Pro hubs laced to Wolber Alpine 36h) w/Suntour skewers (needs a few nipples since some are rounds and one split. Also needs to be redished as I was using this on a 135 OLD spaced frame)
-Headset (no pitting)
-Seatpost 27.2
-Pedals

Non Suntour
-Nitto Technomic black 95mm quill stem 26mm clamp (original to the Black Lightning the rest of the parts are from)
-Soma HwyOne black 44mm handlebars (Bought two months ago)
-Tektro aero brake levers(bought two months ago)
-Gold KMC X8PL (bought two months ago...maybe has 50 miles on it)
-Jagwire gold brake housing(enough to do a bike with exposed cables on the top tube or a smaller frame with full housing)

Suntour 7spd freewheel (not original to group)

The bike used Modolo calipers and Gran Compe levers which Oddjobs has along with the original frame/fork. I was going to put this on my Cannondale dropbar hybrid but slimming down on my stable and part it out. Hence the reason the rear wheel was redished.

I spent about $130 on the bars, brake levers, chain and housing/cables in November but pulled everything off after just a few rides. The bars/levers/stem are still setup with new Deda peforated bar tape.

I'll post pics in a little bit. It's not perfect as the cranks have some tiny little pin size spots of something I can't get off. RD is nice with no rash but one jockey wheel is a little stiff(they have sealed bearings) and the gold plating on the original shifters has lost it's glitter so it's more of a faded gold silver color now.

$350 shipped

or

$275 shipped
without bar/stem/levers

I'll leave this up for just a few days and off to eBay.

Last edited by Henry III; 01-10-16 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-13-16, 10:44 PM
irvri

Bikes: 3Rensho Super Record Export, Zunow Z-1, Andy Gilmour Breakaway, Sycip 26er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pictures? interested.