Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Went in w/ Allez Sport, came out w/ Allez Pro (sort of)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-05, 08:45 PM
dhfd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A weekend or two ago, I noticed a couple cracks on the head tube of my '04 Allez Sport, took it to the LBS I got it from, and they said they'd need to replace it, might have to ship back to Specialized. they called me a couple days ago, and Specialized was shipping a new frame...the new frame arrived yesterday. Today I went to pick it up and Specialized shipped an '04 Allez Pro frame!

Just wanted to share the story...Now I need to work upgrading the components and wheels!
Old 09-07-05, 10:04 PM
Tequila Joe
Living the n+1

Bikes: 2019 RM Blizzard, 2013 SuperX, 2007 Litespeed Vortex, 1970 Falcon Olympic, 2008 RM Metropolis IGH, 2004 Specialized Enduro, 2006 Langster

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Awsome. You got a Columbus SLX alloy frame instead of the old A1 Aluminum. I personally like the look of the black pro frame better too. Kudos to Speciliazed's warrantee policies. Did you get the C4 fork too?
T.J.
Old 09-07-05, 11:46 PM
Bobmo

Bikes: Trek 2100

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice!!
Old 09-08-05, 02:34 PM
dhfd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tequila Joe
Did you get the C4 fork too?
T.J.
No, they put my original fork back on. I was really pleased w/ how the whole process turned out, a friend at another LBS said it can be a lengthy process. I was concerned about that since I'll be riding the MS150 this weekend. The shop was surprised as well when they received the frame from Specialized. Initially, I was thinking, if there wasn't an '04 frame available, maybe they'd upgrade to an '05 Allez Sport. It was a pleasant surprise none the less!
Old 09-08-05, 04:44 PM
webist
Huachuca Rider

Bikes: Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized is great. I had a clicking sound in the freehub and they immediately shipped an entire new wheel.
Old 09-10-05, 12:05 PM
kvnkevl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok i have a question i am trying to decide weather i want to buy the allez triple on the trek 1200 i heard the specialized frames are better than the lower end trek but the the trek has 105 and tiagra components costing $800 and the allez has sora and tiagra costing $710 can you help me thanks
Old 09-10-05, 01:22 PM
jrennie
Race to train

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kvnkevl
ok i have a question i am trying to decide weather i want to buy the allez triple on the trek 1200 i heard the specialized frames are better than the lower end trek but the the trek has 105 and tiagra components costing $800 and the allez has sora and tiagra costing $710 can you help me thanks
Both are great entry bikes, ride both and pick the one that fits you better
Old 09-10-05, 01:46 PM
Tequila Joe
Living the n+1

Bikes: 2019 RM Blizzard, 2013 SuperX, 2007 Litespeed Vortex, 1970 Falcon Olympic, 2008 RM Metropolis IGH, 2004 Specialized Enduro, 2006 Langster

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kvnkevl
A more equal comparison would be between the 1200 & Allez Sport.
Old 09-12-05, 09:08 PM
kvnkevl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok thanks so much for the info the 1200 shouyld come in tomorrow :-D