Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

WTB: Small 50cm-ish Jeunet

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-18, 05:44 PM
Iniezione 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I figure this is a long shot, but I’d love to find a suitably small Jeunet. I know it’s irrational but I have a soft spot for these bikes. Most of the 620 models that I’ve seen have been 52’s, however smaller frames do exist.

I bought a wonderful light blue 620 last year that was around 50cm. However it was poorly packed and arrived with a damaged fork, and later on I discovered, a dented bent NDS seat stay as well. I’m torn but I think I’m going to replace the fork, sell the frame and look for something less abused. Any leads?
Old 12-26-18, 10:25 AM
rickrob 

Bikes: 75 Raleigh Gran Sport, 88 Bridgestone RB3, 72 Raleigh Super Course, 75 Jeunet 620, 95 Fuji Team

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts
I bought a light blue 49-50cm Jeunet here about six months ago. It was the only one I can recall seeing here in a couple of years. There’s a white one on eBay that looks like a 49-50cm but it looks rough and has a high price.
Old 12-26-18, 06:05 PM
Iniezione 

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks. I remember seeing the ad after the fact and kicking myself that I missed it. My bike is more or less identical to yours, except my fork was also painted half blue. It looks like you’re doing a nice job fixing it up.

Originally Posted by rickrob
I bought a light blue 49-50cm Jeunet here about six months ago. It was the only one I can recall seeing here in a couple of years. There’s a white one on eBay that looks like a 49-50cm but it looks rough and has a high price.
Old 12-26-18, 08:21 PM
rickrob 

Bikes: 75 Raleigh Gran Sport, 88 Bridgestone RB3, 72 Raleigh Super Course, 75 Jeunet 620, 95 Fuji Team

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Iniezione
Thanks. I remember seeing the ad after the fact and kicking myself that I missed it. My bike is more or less identical to yours, except my fork was also painted half blue. It looks like you’re doing a nice job fixing it up.
I'll watch for one on the CL listings around here.
Old 11-03-20, 12:01 PM
Iniezione 

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I figured I would bump this one, still in search of this elusive small frame. I’ve missed a couple that have shown up in various places on OfferUp it seems.

Im building up my damaged Jeunet frame just for the sake of riding it again.
Old 11-03-20, 12:35 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
I figured I would bump this one, still in search of this elusive small frame. I’ve missed a couple that have shown up in various places on OfferUp it seems.

Im building up my damaged Jeunet frame just for the sake of riding it again.
Your "small" ask is a pretty big one, trust me, I know from the other end where I discovered a couple of years ago that the 25in., 62cm. ish bikes that I have many of are a hair small.

I have several that are even smaller but have always seemed to do just fine on them until I bought a 26 1/2 Merz that was a good deal and put some miles on it, , noticeably better on longer rides. Then bought a 26in. Paramount to confirm and that was it, no more smaller bikes unless very desirable, too good to pass up or too good of a deal.

That being said, I would encourage you to have the Jeunet repaired and still continue your quest as well, yes its expensive but you will have exactly what you want and be able to move on from there.
Old 11-03-20, 03:26 PM
Iniezione 

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thank you merziac. I don’t think this one can realistically be repaired (without major work). I have found a replacement fork for it and will ride it around the city in the interim. I think we all know the irrational love that we can have for certain brands.
Old 11-03-20, 03:47 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Thank you merziac. I don’t think this one can realistically be repaired (without major work). I have found a replacement fork for it and will ride it around the city in the interim. I think we all know the irrational love that we can have for certain brands.

No worries, major work is relative, are you going to find another for for any amount, maybe so but in what time frame and at what cost?

Think of the one that was on efbay, overpriced as the ones we want often are and one of the few that has come up.

The good deals that come along are very often outliers, yes some here have a knack for it but many of them would still have a tough time with a specific ask but we pin our hopes on "the good deal" we got knowing another is not likely to come along when we want it to.

I would encourage you to consider that a major repair could be done to your wants for what a spendy version for replacement could be.

It may not seem to make sense but consider "a bird in the hand" with when will I find another?

Repairing this one is a known, any viable replacement is not.

I would certainly look into it if there are any framebuilders near you and at least reach out if not for ideas.