Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Bike Friday NEW SAT R DAY -- Sometime !!

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Bike Friday NEW SAT R DAY -- Sometime !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-05, 10:51 AM
Slo Joe Recumbo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In a conversaion with one of Bike Friday's super people, Walter Lapchynski, this has come to light about the new Bike Friday SAT R DAY:

Design goals include a lighter and faster model.
Must be simpler to fold and pack.
20" wheels are a given.
End result is uncertain. The bent is still in the design stage.
Bike Friday is very busy this time of year, so there's no definite production date.

If you want to be get first hand news when production starts, send Walter your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. He'll then let you know when it's a go. Mention my name to Walter and tell him Joe should be a BETA tester. I like that! <g>

Walter's Email Address: WalterL@bikefriday.com

That's all folks..........................
Old 04-06-05, 11:45 AM
norton
EmperorNorton II

Bikes: Dahon Helios SL, 1975 Stephen Rogers Custom, 05 Catrike Speed....(in the past) a tandem & a Vacuum Velocipede

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the info, Slo Joe.....I too am interested in the SatRDay.....When I e-mail Walter, should I refer to you as Slo Joe or does he know you by some other nom d' guerre?....
Old 04-07-05, 02:59 AM
Slo Joe Recumbo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been Slo Joe forever, so that'll work. I've got one of the older SAT R DAY's built in '99. Just had it overhauled/painted and Bike Friday replaced the BB at no charge with a later model BB they designed. I'm still surprised how stable and quick this bike with 16" wheels is. I've done long rides (one over 360 miles at one time) and had very little recumbo butt.

Hope they come out with the new one in my life time. My other name is Old Joe.
Old 04-07-05, 06:42 AM
norton
EmperorNorton II

Bikes: Dahon Helios SL, 1975 Stephen Rogers Custom, 05 Catrike Speed....(in the past) a tandem & a Vacuum Velocipede

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, Slo Joe.....I'll get right on the e-mail.....i.e....in the spirit of the old & slo.....hopefully, in our lifetime......