Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Pix from Flickr Come Out Doubled And As An Album

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-24, 05:52 PM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2609 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 937 Posts

I don't think I made any changes- but when I attempt to post a Flickr link- I get the link from the Flickr share button- as far as I can see, I didn't change any settings...

The picture pastes in as text normally; when going to preview, it will show as normal; if you go to edit, it will show as normal, but once you click save or post- it shows doubled (with arrows that scroll through my Flickr feed)

I did post this very pic, with the same link (still copied on my clipboard), on another forum and it came out swell.

Any ideas?

This is a "preview post"

This is when you hit post:

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.

Last edited by The Golden Boy; 04-22-24 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-23-24, 11:12 AM
IBkatherine
Administrator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
I don't think I made any changes- but when I attempt to post a Flickr link- I get the link from the Flickr share button- as far as I can see, I didn't change any settings...

The picture pastes in as text normally; when going to preview, it will show as normal; if you go to edit, it will show as normal, but once you click save or post- it shows doubled (with arrows that scroll through my Flickr feed)

I did post this very pic, with the same link (still copied on my clipboard), on another forum and it came out swell.

Any ideas?

This is a "preview post"

This is when you hit post:

Hi, my suggestion is to post pictures as files rather than to post from a Flickr link. Posting from a link sometimes creates external issues that tech cannot replicate all of the time.
Old 05-09-24, 05:19 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked 2,220 Times in 1,106 Posts
@The Golden Boy - I am having the identical problem and have stopped responding to messages if I want to post an example. The other option is to load from my pc which works fine but not all my pics ore on my local drive. Flicr is set up to upload my phone pics..
, on Flickr

Tried Chrome too, typically use Edge.
Could it be in the URL string that is copied?
Is this problem unique to bikeforums? Just did the same on NAXJ and did not have an issue. I think it is a problem with this site.

Last edited by SJX426; 05-09-24 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-09-24, 09:21 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 2609 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by SJX426
@The Golden Boy - I am having the identical problem and have stopped responding to messages if I want to post an example. The other option is to load from my pc which works fine but not all my pics ore on my local drive. Flicr is set up to upload my phone pics..

Tried Chrome too, typically use Edge.
Could it be in the URL string that is copied?
Is this problem unique to bikeforums? Just did the same on NAXJ and did not have an issue. I think it is a problem with this site.
It’s something here- I copied the link from Flickr and pasted the link both here and at TalkBass from the same copy- it came out fine there, but not here.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/bas...97236/page-123

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
Old 05-09-24, 10:51 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked 2,220 Times in 1,106 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
It’s something here- I copied the link from Flickr and pasted the link both here and at TalkBass from the same copy- it came out fine there, but not here.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/bas...97236/page-123
I agree. I think it is a BikeForums. net issue..
I set an email to one of the administrators with a link to this thread.
Old 05-09-24, 12:32 PM
IBkatherine
Administrator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 31 Posts
Posting photos via link is not the recommended way to post photos. Because you are taking the photos from an external site, it is not typically an issue that resides within BikeForums itself. Tech has already looked into this issue and found that it is external. The example of the link working in one place and not in another is also another reason it was difficult to explore- oftentimes when posting a photo via a link it may post correctly one day, but incorrectly another. My biggest suggestion is to download the photos from Flickr- whether you are on your phone or on a computer, and post it via the upload button.
Likes For IBkatherine: