Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Swap Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-23, 09:15 AM
notspiderman

Bikes: Giant Speeder-X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Swap Wheels

Hello, I'm new to bike community, and i got this Giant Speeder-X secondhand. and I'm planning to swap the wheels with new ones. How to choose the wheels that suits this model?
Old 04-03-23, 10:45 AM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Liked 1,095 Times in 641 Posts
I wasn't familiar with this specific bicycle until I just Googled it. You will most likely want t stay with 700c wheels (alternatively marked as 622 - for their diameter in millimeters). From images, it appear that the frame can accommodate tires with up to 32 or 35mm width. What tires selected will depend on your riding and personal preferences. If you're concerned with axle width, I'm going to defer to someone who has better knowledge of this model.
Old 04-03-23, 11:11 AM
Bad Lag

Bikes: 1974 Bob Jackson - Nuovo Record, Brooks Pro, Clips & Straps

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 794 Times in 452 Posts
There are so many possible issues with fit of wheels to frame and brakes. If you are a novice, I suggest you consult with a local bike shop before spending any money.