Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Union U40 Rat Trap Pedals - what vintage?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-13, 12:22 AM
leicanthrope

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

The 1974 Jeunet that I'm fixing up at the moment came with a set of German made Union U40 pedals. The Velobase entry that I linked to is about all I can find on this model, unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone knew what vintage these might be from, and whether or not these would have likely been the stock pedals?
Old 09-04-22, 04:42 PM
eleom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Came across this old post today while looking for servicing info on the Union U40 pedals on my 1974 Jeunet. model 610 Jura Landscape bike. According to the original brochure it was suppose to have Lyotard pedals. I bought this bike new in 1974 and have never changed the pedals. Apparently the shop here in Atlanta were I bought the bike assembled it with the Union pedals (english threading) instead of the Lyotard pedals (french threading) cross-threading the cranks in the process. [I obtained some 9/16 x 20 left and right hand threaded taps and retapped the cranks to get the pedals where they could be removed with reasonable effort.]