Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Blogger's Forum
Reload this Page >

DG's blog: Tales from the Trails, MUP PErpaTratorS

Notices
Blogger's Forum Whether it's a cycling blog, or just your personal page, this is the place to share ideas and links.

DG's blog: Tales from the Trails, MUP PErpaTratorS

Old 06-25-20, 10:22 AM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Bikes: 1995 Trek 800 Sport, aka, "Frankentrek"/"Camel-Trek"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 223 Times in 157 Posts
Gas Fumes Cause Aggressive Stupidity?

Tens of thousands, slaughtered on the altar of the ICE, and the cagers roll blissfully on....

Started the morning ride with a McMotorist Combo: N.C. tags, blasted through the red lighted crossing with me in the other half . You came all the way from another state to shove a phone in your ear, a McMuffin in your mouth and your head up your colon.... Rainman, you ain't a good driver....

In addition, 3 dead red runners and 7 failures to yield, including "Richard Dooly" sitting his fat arsed Ford xx00 in the middle of the crossing....

Just a bunch of barely concious gastards today....
Likes For Digger Goreman:
Old 06-26-20, 08:58 AM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Be careful out there, folks are down on all fours (wheels) and not paying attention!

Started out with a McMotor (McMurder?) combo at the same Church St. MUP crossing.... (Motorhead)"Hey, can I get (hit) a cyclist with that?" Sure, you're distracted, just say you didn't see him....

Rest of the trip was 4 failures to yield (again, friends, be careful: all gasaholics see is a green light and the bumper in front of them... or their cell phone. The crossing signal and you DO NOT equate to importance in their fumed minds....)
3 Red Runners. One was actually honking and screaming at the car in front of her that ACTUALLY STOPPED before making a right hand turn.

New cyclists are funny: today was a kid and later a man on terribly small bikes for their size. Weaving all over the place. Good communication and a slow roll cleared the problem.

Overall, weather hot (the all day rain is nowhere in sight), ride cool....
Old 06-27-20, 08:05 PM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Good ride today, toward the west. Recycled and no problems on the MUP.
Old 06-29-20, 06:46 PM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Yesterday, no ride. Today 4 failures to yield, all at Juliett Rd in Stone Mountain. Beware that intersection. And I guess Imma gonna toot the Airzound at distance as two peds were all over the MUP, and not listening... or listening to who knows what, in their ears....
Old 06-29-20, 09:06 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 904 Times in 605 Posts
Metro Atlanta. Sounds like a suicide ride I cruised Katy a few times even in St. Louis it was tame. Ok the outskirts of St. Louis. I guess the rides are never boring Keep updating I love hearing the reports.
Old 07-01-20, 06:13 AM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Late on yesterday's update:
A major source of negative vibes on any (?) MUP are the extreme ends that exhibit in the vast majority of any ICE ops coming to an intersection/crosswalk: totally distracted by devices/ego, or narrowly focussed on resumption of speeding down the road. Results: Failure to scan their environment, bypassing stop bars, failure to yield, failure to stop, and threatening the lives of others. Four gasholes yesterday, not counting the one who was remorseful enough to reverse the car. The two worst were the construction dipstick Dooly, and the Bimbette with the prominate mono-theist symbol on her trunk.... If you "trust in god" (state issued, optional plate sticker) then why do you drive like satan?! A few red runners, all rolling through right turns, maniacally focussed on ego trips, instead of crosswalk inhabitants....

Three peds in electronics, or la la land. You gotta reconnect to nature, people. That drooling spit you call "music", talk radio, and "gotta take this call", are literally hurting us all. We're having close calls AFTER all courtesies (and horn) are being used. UN-PLUG, fools!

In between dodging killers in cages, and zombies in virtual isolation (electro/chemical cages?) the ride was supra sweet. Lotsa chipmunks and squirrels on the paths this time of year
Old 07-01-20, 03:46 PM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

It's hours past and I am still furious with these ELFIN' CAGERS!!!!!

Gashole Mayor of Clarkston's gangsters driving and parked on the MUP again

Then Southern Electric Corporation's HUMONGOUS trucks and overly fattened crew obstructing and destroying the path under them. I used to service poles by actually taking a ladder and CLIMBING it. Didn't need to screw people and the laws for my lazy fat beer belly.

Nearly got sideswiped and flattened by a right turning gastard who saw me enough to (just barely) swing around me, into the opposing lane, while I was in the crosswalk, but actually sped the fark up to make sure I was cut off!

Seemed to be the thing today to ignore warning blasts and sit yer arse dead across the path with yer FAT NEAR BUSLIKE, GAS GUZZLIN' ONE PERSON IN IT TANK.... RTFM, "ladies" and get off the MUP.... Then, again, maybe I should cut slack to someone who needs two trips in a mini van just to haul arse? NO!

Yeah, that kinda day where you wish the Supreme(ly inefficient) Court would consider retroactive abortions for these boxed psychopaths.

Still, I will channel The Atlanta Rythym Section for wisdom:

"Tomorrow I might go as far as suicide,
But I will not let it bother me tonight."
Old 07-02-20, 03:17 PM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

So, today I go west for a CHARM (Center for HArd to Recycle Materials) appointment. I'm still not getting this corporate/govt (corporate-govt?) doing as it pleases with the rules. Why is it the rest of us poor slobs gotta fight court and costs when we do something, and the 99 percent get exceptions.... Today MARTA has its trucks (and believe me, they crack the sidewalks and MUP) on the MUP and sidewalks....

Other extraordinary cagerisms? How about avoiding parking meters by PARKING IN THE BIKE LANE beside the empty parking space. Tally up four failures to yield, including the Volvo Gashole who REFUSED to stop at the crosswalk despite pre-crossing warnings toots and the full monty when not slowing down! Reminds me of an old joke (modified for these purposes): A bike (attempting to use the crosswalk) is approached by a car in the road. The driver yells, "I don't stop for no @SSHole in the crosswalk!" "Fortunately," says the cyclist, "I do!"

Saw two examples of E-bikes: One on the MUP was "assisting" a young lady who will (short of a cager taking me out) probably not live beyond MY days *shakes head ruefully*....
The second was on the street, next to the MUP. He was riding it like, and it sounded like, a frikkin moped! Had cranks and pedals.... Hey, here's a great idea: let's put faux bike equipment on our mopeds and speed everywhere!!!

Edit: Almost forgot the Bimbob in the Porsche. Pulled out in front of me without stopping, from a side road (but sufficiently in front not to cause a panic stop), goes to the opposite curb, almost stops. then does a 1/8 turn back into the street and towards me.... Yep... never looked up from the cell phone....

Last edited by Digger Goreman; 07-04-20 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-04-20, 03:07 PM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Off the bike, yesterday, taking care of honey-do's....

Today, did my regular run to Stone Mountain Village. Red runner, predictably, at Juliette Rd (Romeo, Romeo, where fore art thou, Romeo? Runnin' yor red light, woman!) Couple of failure to yields, but actually having a number of cars stopping even when they didn't have to See what happens when ya'll RELAX...?

But, just to make it weird... the Stone Mountain Police Department: Saw the first SUV near the highway on ramp and just thought they were speed trapping. Then the SUV roared up even with me and I thought, "wtf?" But he turns up a little 'I don't know where it goes' road and out of sight... okaaaaaaaay....

I make it to the end of the MUP/beginning of St. Mt. Village and, from across the road, an AA cop with an AR15/M16 comes running by me and toward the conveinence store. Normally I stop a minute, before turn around, and drink some water/refill the AirZound... NOT THIS TIME!!! Me and stray shots don't mix. I turned around and didn't stop till well out of LOS.... Guns, cars... no difference....