Texas is getting bad

Old 06-29-20, 06:15 PM
desconhecido 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig View Post
This is simply not true. Trump has no idea what the problem is and no idea what the solution is. The the US of A has significantly worst health results due to the pandemic than other advanced democracies and this is due to Trump's incompetent leadership.

The bottom line is that he did not listen to experts, he did not choose the best solutions, and he did not decide anything based on the "best available information."
And, to the extent that he's ever been a business man, rather than just a disgraced host of a rigged TV game show, he's been a bad one. He bankrupted an airline, turned what might have turned out to be a profitable sports league into a $3 joke (plus interest), and sucked out every available dollar from a NYSE traded company and left it bankrupt while every other player in the gambling industry made huge profits. No, Trump has never been a businessman, he's friction. Using energy and resources while offering nothing but rent seeking behavior in return.

edit: It's impossible to tell how much money he got from his father through inheritance and tax evasion but it's easily in excess of $300 million. Add the $800 in tax subsidies he's received, it's quite amazing that he's worth so litlle. He's almost as bad at business as Mike Pompeo who graduated #1 in his class from West Point and got a law degree from Harvard and managed to parlay that into almost nothing.

Besides that, Trump's moral turpitude knows no bounds.

Last edited by desconhecido; 06-29-20 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-29-20, 06:18 PM
alanf

Bikes: Devinci Millenium, Gary Fisher Joshua

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
That's why listening to politicians instead of health care regulators has been destructive. They always have an axe to grind. The lack of a sincere, federally co-ordinated response is the going to wreak havoc with our American friends, Texas and everywhere else.
You can't seriously speculate that there is no pandemic? The problem is Trump and history will reflect that.
Originally Posted by bikemig View Post
This is simply untrue. Trump was an incompetent businessman
Really, an incompetant businessman........ and you are a competant one? If he is incompetent then I wannabee an incompetent businessman. Then I can sell my 20 year old amazing steed (Divinci RB) for a newbee... Just kidding)

[QUOTE=bikemig;21560482]... He has no idea what the problem is and no idea what the solution is...... [Quote]

No leader knows everything there is to know, just like all of us, so that is why he gathered together a group of apparent experts and got them to give him a report, live on YT, which outlined the events as they unfolded. You can search YT etc for these meetings that were publicly available, which the liberal fake news media twisted into something totally unrecognizable. He even called Fauci a member of the 'Deep State' on one broadcast. Fauci obviously is as he has a pretty chequered past, but he's been there through his buds in the Dems and the crooked repubs like the Bush Clan.

Our Idiot Princess leader in Canada (whose father was good friends with Mao, Castro et al) made top down decisions which he got from apparently his own head. His wife apparently (although I think that was a publicity stunt) got the illness when jetting around Europe with billionaire bud/pals on the Canadian dime and got all woozy and cozy with an Italian soccer guy who had the dose of Covid. Then Trudeau tried a ploy to give him War Measures Act power (Absolute dictatorship) to impose unlimited tax and bring in the military like his Dad did so many years ago. Fortunately he did not have the votes (minority government). Then he wanted to do a photo op for his public at a demonstration, so the day before the demonstration he had his ministress of whatever she was in charge of, to issue a dictum that it was OK to gather together at large demonstrations as long as you didn't shout because shouting would send out all the viri.

Just after he issued a Dictum that everyone would be in lockdown and they had to just accept that no trips home to see Mommy and kiddies and no crossing Provincial boundaries, he hopped in his car and went across Provincial borders to visit his family. Isn't that "What Mao would do?"

[QUOTE=bikemig;21560482] The bottom line is that he did not listen to experts, he did not choose the best solutions, and he did not decide anything based on the "best available information." [Quote]
Please be specific, a lot happened. Your statements are superlatives and exaggerations. You mean everything he did was wrong? His advice came from Obama holdovers. Backup the statements with facts.
He shut down the borders quickly which our IP Trudeau didn't do for quite awhile.
Nancy Pelosi went promenading through Chinatown in NY telling everyone, don't worry be happy, don't let that racist Trump spoil your Chinese New Year party. Then NY curiously had a big spike from that in a large # of deaths. You will never see her apologize for that obviouisly massive lack of forethought.
Old 06-29-20, 06:24 PM
clubman 
Youngman Grand

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 351 Times in 244 Posts
Originally Posted by alanf View Post

Soooo your statement that "listening to politicians instead of health care regulators has been destructive" is utter hooey. .
Your bias is out front and center. You say you're from Quebec...somehow that's not ringing true. Canadians have listened to their provincial health regulators from the beginning, without malice or conspiracies and our numbers are second to none in the world, with the exception of Germany's death's per infection, which is a tribute to their (Germany's) outstanding socialized medical infrastructure. I could link to the current numbers and graphs but you'd just invent some inane 'fact' to dispute it. Three Atlantic provinces have had zero new cases in 20 days and we all continue to use masks. Funny how it works.
One month after Governor DeSantis (FLA) shot his mouth off about there was nothing to be scared of, wagging his finger and chastising the media for blowing things out of proportion, he had to eat crow and recant the reopening of bars after the highest numbers of new cases hit today.
Please, take your rhetoric, dogma, conspiracies and go over to some alt-right ****** forum where you belong and join the circle around the campfire.
Old 06-29-20, 06:27 PM
clubman 
Youngman Grand

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 351 Times in 244 Posts
What a freak. Ignored! You dissappoint me. Bye Bye.
Old 06-29-20, 06:27 PM
alanf

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Your bias is out front and center. You say you're from Quebec...somehow that's not ringing true.
Sorry, never said that. I live in BC and am from Halifax. Both wonderful places.

Everyone including you is biased.
Old 06-29-20, 06:37 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 4112 Post(s)
Liked 746 Times in 411 Posts
So true.Some are biased toward facts and others toward fantasy.
Old 06-29-20, 06:40 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Trek 770, Trek 760, Schwinn Peloton, Patelli Professional, Othon Ochsner

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Plenty of JJ types around here (Hondo Texas) . Anybody that doesnít agree with them is on dope
Hondo,
After reading the last few posts here I am forced to put on my mask and head to the local liquor store to get necessary supplies to make it through the night. Perhaps some Tradiicional from Jose Q will make all of this banter a bit more palatable. Smiles, MH
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 06-29-20, 06:41 PM
alanf

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by noisebeam View Post
So true.Some are biased toward facts and others toward fantasy.
Exactly !
Old 06-29-20, 07:13 PM
cbhungry
Jungle lady

Bikes: gary fisher cake

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Pregnant women are less likely to die but require higher rates of intense hospitalization, icu placement and ventilator placement., when I was redeployed to the COVID 19 icu we had 2 pregnant women who we saved and discharged home but they were on a vent for 2 weeks ...Ö. so younger, yes, less likely to die, yes...but more likely to need hospitalization

https://www.pnhp.org/

Last edited by cbhungry; 06-29-20 at 07:17 PM.
Likes For cbhungry:
Old 06-29-20, 07:21 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked 875 Times in 588 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk View Post
Hondo,
After reading the last few posts here I am forced to put on my mask and head to the local liquor store to get necessary supplies to make it through the night. Perhaps some Tradiicional from Jose Q will make all of this banter a bit more palatable. Smiles, MH
Iím slamming a few cold brews prepping my boat for a cruise at the nearest lake. 25 miles by road 8 miles as the crow flies. Get a great buzz on and I will take some lake pics to lighten up the tension.
Old 06-29-20, 07:29 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

While y’all are arguing I will be fishing then when it hits 100 I will be in the lake swimming. Then I will return to the compound to slam some cold brews. Then back on my bikes my favorite endorphin inducing activity.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-29-20, 07:55 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 83 Posts
What a freak. Ignored! You dissappoint me. Bye Bye.
> so why am i a jack ass for sarcastically funning the people you rail against one of us is pretty clumsy
Old 06-29-20, 09:08 PM
desconhecido 

Originally Posted by Mad Honk View Post
Hondo,
We couldn't get hand sanitizer so I bought a bunch of generic "neutral grain spirits" Looked at the bottle, it's made from Mexican sugar cane. 190 proof. All is lost.

Actually, it mixes well with store brand yellow fizzy stuff which is supposed to be diet Mt Dew knockoff, I think. Also mixes well with diet Fresca, Need to keep those calories down, you know.

So, a serious question:

if you were forced to choose between one of two conspiracies to believe and your choices are:
1. The Covid 19 pandemic is a hoax and it's not serious, and all the other stuff we're reading here of;
2. The earth is actually flat and all the scientists and NASA and everybody else is lying to us in order to maintain the Ball Earth hoax

which conspiracy would you select, and why? What does one have to offer (evidence, reason, whatever) that the other does not which sways you.

I'll give you my answer: I can't tell the difference between the reasoning and critical thinking skills of a flat earther and a covid 19 truther. Just in case anybody thinks that there are no flat earthers, watch the documentary "Behind the Curve" and spend an hour or two on youtube.

I'll leave you with this video of someone I will have the courtesy to not name, though her name is given in the video. She is both a genuine flat earther and, so it seems, a covid 19 truther as well.

Old 06-29-20, 09:21 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

I’m taking a Switzerland approach on all this. Jam to some Hellhammer and drink beer I guess? Neutrality is the easy way out but at this point I will be honest I don’t FRIKIN know?

Old 06-29-20, 09:54 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Here is a more contemporary approach Come On everyone likes the FOO FIGHTERS.....

Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-29-20, 10:21 PM
desconhecido 

Back in the early 90s there was a folk singer sort of guy living in San Antonio who came to Texas to study conjunto music, especially the accordian. I won't judge. His name is Dave Moore and we saw him play a number of times in the Houston area and he always put on a good show -- I liked his performances and music more than alot. The first video below is Dave captured (not by us), pretty much, as he was. It's a good performance though the production is what it is. Second is the same song performed on hos studio album. I think both are worthy of a listen in these latter days.

l
Likes For desconhecido:
Old 06-29-20, 10:28 PM
desconhecido 

Iím taking a Switzerland approach on all this. Jam to some Hellhammer and drink beer I guess? Neutrality is the easy way out but at this point I will be honest I donít FRIKIN know?
There used to be a Democrat politician in Texas named James Hightower. I agreed with his positions not much as I'm politically pretty conservative. But one thing Hightower said which is poignant: There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow lines and dead armadillos. I used to think that was a funny line -- lately I'm not so sure.
Likes For desconhecido:
Old 06-29-20, 10:36 PM
79pmooney
A Roadie Forever

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 2154 Post(s)
Liked 542 Times in 383 Posts
Originally Posted by desconhecido View Post
There used to be a Democrat politician in Texas named James Hightower. I agreed with his positions not much as I'm politically pretty conservative. But one thing Hightower said which is poignant: There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow lines and dead armadillos. I used to think that was a funny line -- lately I'm not so sure.
Speaking of which, if the right and left ever come together, isn't that head on collision?
Old 06-29-20, 10:50 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

The good news, though, is that I find in my political travels that people, as regular citizens, are more interested than ever in getting together and having discussions. They want to hear about other viewpoints that differ entirely from what the administration is putting out.

Jim Hightower
Old 06-29-20, 11:11 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

https://jimhightower.com

Yup, there is someone sane in Texas it’s not me
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-29-20, 11:16 PM
desconhecido 

Originally Posted by 79pmooney View Post
Speaking of which, if the right and left ever come together, isn't that head on collision?
We've done that before, in Texas.
Likes For desconhecido:
Old 06-29-20, 11:44 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

I can only go to my Nordic Gods to guide me through this pandemic. Not racist! Sorry I’m not a Christian.

Old 06-30-20, 12:22 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 3538 Post(s)
Liked 1,035 Times in 694 Posts
Originally Posted by desconhecido View Post
Yup. I've always been militantly centrist. Nobody likes us. But I was raised to begin every conversation with "On the one hand" and sometime an hour or so later continue it with "and on the other hand."
Likes For canklecat:
Old 06-30-20, 12:40 AM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

This armadillo gets in my yard every night and messes up my yard. I was up late one night and caught the armadillo doing what it does messing up my yard shoot it dead? NO ... a few swift kicks to the side persuaded the armadillo to go elsewhere. What is the point of this story? That is for you to figure out for yourself. Think wisely! the only advice I can give you.
Old 06-30-20, 01:16 AM
desconhecido 

This armadillo gets in my yard every night and messes up my yard. I was up late one night and caught the armadillo doing what it does messing up my yard shoot it dead? NO ... a few swift kicks to the side persuaded the armadillo to go elsewhere. What is the point of this story? That is for you to figure out for yourself. Think wisely! the only advice I can give you.
We don't have armadillos here in Houston, but I have trapped numerous 'possums and racoons and one ring tailed cat. What that sucker was doing in Houston, I don't know. All were transported to Bear Creek Park as I don't have the heart to assassinate the suckers.

As long as this thread is a lot about Texas and a lot about music, I'll leave you with a song recorded by fellow Texan, and my friend, Ann Armstrong on her recent album titled "Party in the Underworld." It's an old blues song, but it's a fine rendition and Ann shows that she can surely roll. I believe the mouth harp is played by her husband Steve Hughes, who can roll as well, and much of the guitar work is Ann's,.
Likes For desconhecido:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.