Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

EBB fitting

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-11, 01:15 PM
lobstermike

Bikes: rock lobster 853, dawes kickback1993

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
EBB fitting

Hi everyone, I have removed the eccentric bottom bracket from the bottom bracket shell to regrease before attempting a rebuild of the frame, (this is the first time this EBB has been removed from the bike, from new). It looks to me that when the bike was first built by the manufacturer that the EBB wasnt centred in the shell properly. Would i be right in assuming that the EBB should sit as centrally as possible in the shell, so that the BB shell overlaps the EBB equally on both sides?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00093.jpg (98.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC00090.jpg (87.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-19-11, 01:23 PM
lobstermike

Bikes: rock lobster 853, dawes kickback1993

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hopefully you can see from the picture of the EBB itself that the screw heads that hold the EBB in place have bitten towards the left side of the gutters, and that the EBB does not sit centrally in the shell, although the shell is equally symmetrical either side of the down tube (which would mean that when i was riding the bike last, the drivechain would have been offset in error). Also does anyone know what type of tool is needed to fit the two holes on the EBB for later adjustment?