Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Trainer Road + earlier-model Cycleops Mag trainer

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-13, 09:21 AM
Ricanfred

Bikes: Yes, I ride an aluminum Trek!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking for some direction here regarding setup. Trainer Road lists 3 levels of resistance for that model being 3, 4, and 5. I bought mine used and the Cycleops website says that their new model has 5 adjustment levels. I believe mine has 3 or 4. My question; is the resistance number 1 the one closer to the magnet or vice-versa? Has anyone used this specific trainer setup with Trainer Road and can give me some pointers? Thanks!!

Last edited by Ricanfred; 01-02-13 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-05-13, 06:52 PM
treebound 
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
https://www.trainerroad.com/virtual-power

Looks like they have ratings of a wide variety of trainers. Also looks like they have a discussion forum where you might be able to get specific questions answered from people who are actively using their programs.

As to what the numbers on your trainer relate to maybe just try each setting to see which is harder and which is easier. I've got a Minoura mag trainer with 7 settings from low to high. I've looked at the TrainerRoad site before but never really got too deep into figuring it out. Hopefully someone else will chime in here to help.
Old 01-07-13, 10:55 AM
Ricanfred

Bikes: Yes, I ride an aluminum Trek!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by treebound
https://www.trainerroad.com/virtual-power

Looks like they have ratings of a wide variety of trainers. Also looks like they have a discussion forum where you might be able to get specific questions answered from people who are actively using their programs.

As to what the numbers on your trainer relate to maybe just try each setting to see which is harder and which is easier. I've got a Minoura mag trainer with 7 settings from low to high. I've looked at the TrainerRoad site before but never really got too deep into figuring it out. Hopefully someone else will chime in here to help.
Thanks treebound! I was actually over-complicating myself and figured it out. Turns out my mag trainer was made in 2007 and has 5 adjustment positions. I was able to use the software yesterday.