Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Trek Edmonda ALR

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Trek Edmonda ALR

Old 05-10-17, 07:31 AM
sh00k

Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jajacobsson
Sweet! Do you have a picture of it? sl6, I guess that is full ultegra and tlr wheels? May I ask you if you have made any upgrades on it?

full ultegra, tlr wheels. the only "upgrades" i've done to it are for comfort:
1) i replaced the super narrow saddle with the bontrager saddle off of my hybrid bike - it still matches tho
2) i added a taller, shorter stem bc the reach was killing me.
3) not in this pic, but i replaced the clunky pedals with super narrow, aluminum mountain bike pedals. im not ready to go clipless just yet

that's all for mods. i've been wanting a new wheelset but i dont ride enough to justify spending $1,000... but i think the bike is absolutely perfect as it is. hills no longer exist to me when you ride this thing. it's amazing.

this bike is an incredible ride and i cannot say that enough. i originally wanted a domane with the dual iso dampeners but this was better in terms of price. i still wonder tho how much nicer an all carbon frame must feel with dampeners smoothing out the roads.... maybe when i turn 50 i'll get one

i took a 40 mile ride this past weekend with the new mods and the bike is super comfortable!

Last edited by sh00k; 05-10-17 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-10-17, 08:02 AM
jajacobsson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sh00k
full ultegra, tlr wheels. the only "upgrades" i've done to it are for comfort:
1) i replaced the super narrow saddle with the bontrager saddle off of my hybrid bike - it still matches tho
2) i added a taller, shorter stem bc the reach was killing me.
3) not in this pic, but i replaced the clunky pedals with super narrow, aluminum mountain bike pedals. im not ready to go clipless just yet

that's all for mods. i've been wanting a new wheelset but i dont ride enough to justify spending $1,000... but i think the bike is absolutely perfect as it is. hills no longer exist to me when you ride this thing. it's amazing.

this bike is an incredible ride and i cannot say that enough. i originally wanted a domane with the dual iso dampeners but this was better in terms of price. i still wonder tho how much nicer an all carbon frame must feel with dampeners smoothing out the roads.... maybe when i turn 50 i'll get one

i took a 40 mile ride this past weekend with the new mods and the bike is super comfortable!

That looks super cool. I love the all black.

I have never tried other than spd-sl pedals. That's what the guy at my lbs told me was right pedals for this bike so I just had to get comfortable with them, but no probs at all!

I upgraded the wheels and tyres on my bike to campagnolo zonda and conti gp 4000s. Got them on a deal from wiggle. Not the most aero wheels, but they shaved off some weight, rolls amazingly well. They also sound cool
Old 05-10-17, 08:10 AM
sh00k

Originally Posted by jajacobsson
That looks super cool. I love the all black.

I have never tried other than spd-sl pedals. That's what the guy at my lbs told me was right pedals for this bike so I just had to get comfortable with them, but no probs at all!

I upgraded the wheels and tyres on my bike to campagnolo zonda and conti gp 4000s. Got them on a deal from wiggle. Not the most aero wheels, but they shaved off some weight, rolls amazingly well. They also sound cool
very nice setup you have. enjoy the ride!
Old 05-11-17, 09:34 PM
rayzafc

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Philly215
I heard some guys talk about sizing down one and then running a long slammed stem.
Don't do it OP, if you're not a pro.
For criterium I suggest Allez Sprint. Just like the name, design for aggressive position and "More" racy geometry.

Anyone who ride Trek Emonda SL6 here. How much its priced?
Old 05-12-17, 08:07 AM
sh00k

Originally Posted by rayzafc
Don't do it OP, if you're not a pro.
For criterium I suggest Allez Sprint. Just like the name, design for aggressive position and "More" racy geometry.

Anyone who ride Trek Emonda SL6 here. How much its priced?

It was $3,400 (2016) but now it's $2800 (2017). full ultegra everything - brakes, deraileurs, shifters, etc. 16.5 pounds, fully carbon.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b.../1441900-2017/
Old 05-13-17, 01:01 AM
rayzafc

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sh00k
It was $3,400 (2016) but now it's $2800 (2017). full ultegra everything - brakes, deraileurs, shifters, etc. 16.5 pounds, fully carbon.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b.../1441900-2017/
Love that paint job! Do you care if it's made in Taiwan? Because nowadays many bike production is in China.
Old 05-14-17, 07:36 AM
sh00k

Originally Posted by rayzafc
Love that paint job! Do you care if it's made in Taiwan? Because nowadays many bike production is in China.
Thanks for the compliment on the bike.

1. I've had the bike less than a year and I'm already bored of the color. I mean it's menacing, beautiful finish but it's black. Just black. I would have preferred trek's matte viper red or Waterloo blue. Those colors are gorgeous.

I probably sound crazy considering this is a "dream bike" for many folks but I have the horrible habit of getting bored easily. This is why I've owned 6 trek bikes in the last 6-7 years

2. For the price vs how the bike rides, I don't care if it was made is somebody's basement. I can understand why people are against foreign made bikes/other stuff but the everything is made overseas but that hasn't stopped people from buying iPhones lol.

But I digress. This is an amazing bikes and hills no longer exist on this bike. It's a very surreal feeling. I see other riders huffing and puffing on hills and pedaling hard while standing and I can literally ride the same hill and pedal while sitting without breaking a sweat. This bike is an actual cheat code for biking like they have in video games hahahaha
Old 05-19-17, 07:02 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 1,717 Times in 1,003 Posts
I absolutely love my ALR, ride is so smooth and handles like a dream. Fits like a glove

Old 06-14-17, 10:55 AM
Philly215

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was comparing the stack and reach numbers and it seems like really good geometry for most people. It's definitely not super aggressive but it's not endurance geometry either. I think if you put a little bit longer stem on it (with the correct frame size because the reach is short) and drop the stem it's a good fit for all but the fittest people.