Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Help with bike choice after theft

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-19, 04:15 AM
Andy_B

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I recently had several bikes stolen in a break-in. Annoying, but at least the insurance are paying out.

The insurance company have given me a decent amount of credit to spend at a website called wheelies.co.uk and I was hoping for a bit of collective wisdom on what I should go for as a replacement.

I will be commuting on it (about an hour a day) and riding it around Bristol (hilly) plus the odd longer road ride at the weekend. Discs are a must for the bad weather and avoiding bad drivers. I'm 183cm tall with an 88cm inside leg and weight 66kg. I've been looking at endurance style for a bit more comfort.

I was looking at the Cube Attain GL 2020 or the Cannondale Synapse 105 Disc 2020. Can't post links I'm afraid as this is my first post, but you can easily find them on the wheelies website.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy
Old 10-21-19, 06:09 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
Can't speak to the Cube as they are not widely available here, but the Synapse seems to be well liked. You really can't go wrong with anything from one of the major manufacturers, so long as it fits.
Old 10-21-19, 07:51 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
I cannot find an Attain GL … (https://www.cube.eu/en/2020/bikes/road/road/attain/) The Cube Attain looks like a standard endurance-geometry bike. Giant Contend/Defy. Fuji Sportif/Gran Fondo, Specialized Roubaix, Trek Domane …. All basically the same bike. Look for specific components and color schemes at the specific price points which suit you.