Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Weight Loss = Mall Shopping ???

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-05, 07:20 PM
Tatt2Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, since January I have lost 110 lbs. Still about 50 left for my goal weight of 200 lbs. But, last night for the first time since I can remeber I went shopping, at a mall. Not the Big-and-Tall, not Dickies outlets, not Carhartt dealer, but an honest to goodness mall. I ended up shopping like a little girl trying on clothes XL and XXL shirts and 42 waist (from 58 waist, and XXXXL shirts) and having my best girl friend tell me how it looks. I ended up buying 1 pair of shorts, size 42. 1 pair of jeans size 42, havent owned jeans since I was a young boy. 2 t-shirts size XXL. And last but not least a jacket, size XL. Its an oddly exciting feeling for me to shop at a NORMAL store.

Sorry for the randomness of this post but I had to share.
Old 08-03-05, 07:33 PM
CycleMagic
Crazy Like a Daisy

Bikes: Giant OCR-3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wahhoooo! shopping! one of the greatest way to celebrate! and...you had a shopping partner to enjoy the fun. congrats on the weight loss, you stud!

....and why am I in this handbasket?
Old 08-03-05, 07:51 PM
natelutkjohn
Cheesmonger Extraordinair

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats! I never was at the big and tall level, but was pretty big and still remember so fondly back in March when I decided I was tired of using the belts after losing almost 70 pounds and went from a 40 waist back to a 32 waist (now with a belt). Nothing like new clothes to make you feel like you accomplished something big, especialy (sp?) if you try on the old clothes occasionaly, really makes you feel great!
Old 08-03-05, 07:56 PM
Tatt2Rider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i guess what really catches me is the fact I have lost 16 inches from my waist in 7 months. 58 inches to 42 inches at this point.
Old 08-08-05, 08:11 AM
Ajay213
Bring the tech

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats, as my girlfriend likes to point out, taking 2 laps around the mall is good "excercise" for an "off-day"...of course the weight on the back pocket tends to get lighter and lighter, but still.