Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Pedal Force carbon frames?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-04, 01:36 PM
zanq

Bikes: Tumbleweed Prospector 29+, 1991 Schwinn High Plains resto-mod, 1998 Schwinn Homegrown resto-mod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm an avid mountain biker looking to get into road biking and am trying to explore all the options available to me; brands, frame materials, grouppos, etc. My road bike experience is limited, but based on my reading, behavior of frames based on their materials seems to be parallel between the mtn. and road worlds. I currently own 2 steel hardtails due to their compliant ride.

I may be interested in building up a bike if it can be made cost effective, and I'm liking the idea of carbon fiber. Can anyone offer any input on frames from Pedal Force, as I've only found blurbs here and there?

https://www.pedalforce.com/web/index.htm

They mention they make frames for "some better known names". I would like to know who these companies are.

Any input would be welcomed! Thanks
Old 08-10-04, 04:11 PM
neilthemeal

Bikes: Wanta Kompact steel w/ carbon stays

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm going to guess they come from Martec factories. Martec makes EPX, BP Stealth and Kestrel. EPX and BP Stealth both make that other frame. AND all the road frames made by these companies look similar(EPX 303, and so on)
Old 08-10-04, 06:10 PM
zanq

Bikes: Tumbleweed Prospector 29+, 1991 Schwinn High Plains resto-mod, 1998 Schwinn Homegrown resto-mod

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I received a reply fom Pedal Force. Their ZX2 frame is made in the same factories as LOOK carbon fiber frames; "Amongst the brandname frames that are made by our factory is LOOK."
Old 08-10-04, 07:30 PM
geneman
rider of small bicycles

Bikes: Cannondale

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Is 2.9 lbs heavy for a CF frame (53cm)? Seems like it is but I admit I haven't actually compared frames from other suppliers.

-mark
Old 08-10-04, 08:15 PM
zanq

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some sites don't mention what size they weighed, this is what a quick search turned up:

LOOK KG 486 - $3199 - 3.4 lbs.
LOOK KG 386i - $2399 - 3.2 lbs.
Orbea Orca - $? - 2.2 lbs.
Aegis Victory - $? - 52 cm/2.8 lbs.
Old 08-10-04, 08:17 PM
Ajay213
Bring the tech

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.martec.com.tw/