Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Neutron Holdings LLC.

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Neutron Holdings LLC.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-18, 09:51 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
Neutron Holdings LLC.

I found a derelict electric Lime bike. In the beginning of September My wife & I went to a movie theatre in North Seattle. We parked near the loading dock. Near the loading dock & in the bushes in plain view was a Lime bike. We didn't think much of it, the bike share company has 48 or 72 hours or some such time frame to pick up such things. We saw our movie and moved on.

About a month later we returned to the small theatre with it's 50 parking spots and noticed the same bike apparently untouched. This time I made a note of it & figured if it didn't move along in another week or so, I'd report it. Could be it's GPS is broke or it's lost or something.

A week later, I check on it since I my shopping route to Northgate took me on the same road. The bike is still there. So I report it via text messege with picture and through the app. So, 2 ways, I then propped the bike up so it was better visible from the street.

A week later I return (again) to check on it. (Is it free? abandoned? Can I return it to them personally?) I find the bike in plain view, just as I left it. So feeling sorry for the thing, it follows me home.

I've done my due dilligence, reported it, searched the internet, and I simply can not seem to locate a maintenance facility or local office for Neutron Holdings, LLC which owns the darn thing.

I really want Lime to succeed, so adding a bike share complaint to the city isn't really what I'm after. Nor is dealing with the overworked police department for a lost property issue.

Does anyone out there in internet land know who to call or where to take it so it can be returned?

Here is a picture I took when I reported it via the app:
Old 11-26-18, 09:53 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Old 11-26-18, 09:59 AM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
just a question, why do you really want lime bike to succeed? Do you view it as improved infra-structure for biking in general, or as a way to reduce traffic in your area? Just interested
Old 11-26-18, 10:04 AM
base2 
I am potato.

We have a lot of infrastructure in our area, it's a shame to see it unused, or at least under used. We (the people & by extension, government) have provided a framework for a business to operate, I think they should have a fair shot...Yeah, traffic sucks too. I also think that other than car transport needs all the nurturing it can get.
Old 11-26-18, 10:38 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Lime and Ofo bailed locally after a controversial* launch. Several new, unused Lime and Ofo bikes were auctioned off cheap and resold via craigslist, so some bikes seen around town are now personal property, not rentals.

*(The "controversy" was partly manufactured by people with a stake in the docked bike rental model. They flooded social media with negative reports. I'm not sure how many ordinary folks really cared one way or another. I never saw Lime or Ofo bikes littering the train/bus stations, but have seen scooters left carelessly in places where pedestrians could stumble near rail tracks. However last week I didn't see any around the Dallas rail stations so either the transit authority got rid of them or I just happened to be passing through on a day when nobody was using rental scooters.)
Old 11-26-18, 12:36 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Neutron Holdings Inc. DBA LimeBike
2121 South El Camino Real
Suite B100
San Mateo, CA 94403
United States
888-546-3345

Press 3 and tell the customer service rep that you want to report an abandoned bike. Tell them the address or location of the bike. It would be helpful if you could also give them the plate number.

Personally, abandoned or not, I would not have taken it. The bike isn't mine to take home. Someone could accuse me of having stolen it, then I'd have to explain it and it becomes a whole big thing. I'm not trying to lecture but saying "It followed me home" is a public confession that you took something which wasn't yours. Motives were good but no good deed goes unpunished and I'd hate for something bad to happen in spite of good intention.

-Tim-
Old 11-26-18, 02:56 PM
JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Picture shows a bike without a rear wheel. Not exactly a bike.

And no crank arms.

On third look: no battery or hub motor, either. Lime E is an e-bike.
Not exactly a bike.

Last edited by JanMM; 11-26-18 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-26-18, 11:26 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
it didn't strike me at first that someone stole the motor. yeah, they probably don't want it back, but they should take it anyway
Old 11-26-18, 11:33 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
That's not a rear rack, it's a mount for the mailbox or newspaper tube...very sad.

Last edited by Rollfast; 11-26-18 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-27-18, 07:25 AM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
There is so little money in those bikes that it probably costs more to send someone to fetch it than any value that remains given the bike's current state. I would have left it for the landowner to deal with.
Old 11-27-18, 07:56 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Fair points, all.

In no particular order: I figured the phone number was just a generic corporate line. I work for a mega-corp & calling the number listed on the website gets public/media relations I didn't realize the phone number would work for states away. I'll call & see if they would dispatch.

True, It is a public admission, I was also removing it from private property it didn't belong. If posession is 9/10 of the law, the theatre would be responsible too. Stealing of stolen stuff? I see your point, & my wife already groaned about another bike on the porch. I'm keen to be rid of it.

To another: You are also probably right. With so much missing, electric motor, crank arm, battery, wheel, etc... they may not want it back.

Finally, (hope I didn't miss anyone.) The poor rear rack is actually a mount for the battery pack.

I'll call & post what I come up with.
Old 11-27-18, 07:59 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,825 Times in 878 Posts
I'd say the "GPS Tracked" part of that bike isn't working.
Old 11-27-18, 09:54 AM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
At least you got a nice basket and tire for your troubles, but my guess is it is now your junk to deal with.

I tend to agree with @TimothyH about not taking what isn't yours, but I also feel that that is nothing but litter that the property owner (Lime, not building) should deal with, when they obviously have abandoned it. Lack of responsibility for their property is one reason I am less than thrilled about all the dockless transport that has been popping up, without any cooperation with local authorities and seemingly haphazardly and not thought out.
Old 11-27-18, 10:42 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

It isn't about just the cost of bikes lying around.

Having a bike with my company name on it laying in the bushes isn't the corporate image I would want to portray. Bright, shiny, beautiful bikes standing upright at the kiosk, ready for you to use for fun and transportation is the image I would want.

I'd have someone out there in two seconds to get it out of sight with apologies to the landowner and a coupon for 15 free miles.

Bird and Lime both have reward programs - people who return their scooters to the charging stations get free miles.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 11-27-18 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-27-18, 10:45 AM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Having a bike with my company name on it laying in the bushes isn't the corporate image I would want to portray. Bright, shiny, beautiful bikes standing upright at the charging station ready for you to use for fun and transportation is the image I would want.
Yes. Good point. I agree.

Last edited by JonathanGennick; 11-27-18 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-27-18, 01:29 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
If they really don't respond, I suggest you use one of the contact numbers on the Seattle Department of Transportation page--my guess is Lime will not want to mess with them:
https://www.seattle.gov/transportati...dot/contact-us
Old 11-27-18, 01:56 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
That looks like trash that Lime abandoned and belongs in a dumpster. I wouldn't touch it. I would call local government and file a complaint against Lime for trashing your city.

If the bike weren't total crap I would say put parts on it and ride it but I wouldn't waste my time or money. If you are really wanting to do something good maybe reach out to a local bike charity and see if they will take it. Maybe they can take it off of life support and give it to someone in need.
Old 11-27-18, 03:30 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
In our area there is a company called Coast that handle some/all of the rental bikes...at least I think I am recalling right on the name (that may be the Tampa one) I had a good talk with (one of) the guys who had a hand in making this happen both locales at History Bike Tampa...anywho, I read an article a while back that was discussing the maintenance woes the company was facing. Insomuch that they are paying some tech to use a truck and gas to go around town collecting the bikes back up, attempting to keep them serviceable and get them back to an area where they will be utilized. I am pretty sure the company is subsidized via an initiative that the City of Atlanta started in regards to it's cycling infrastructure improvements. I think there are a dedicated few who use the bikes but as a viable economy of it's own is doomed for failure as it already has in many other places.

Shame, really.
Old 11-27-18, 05:03 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Originally Posted by veganbikes
That looks like trash that Lime abandoned and belongs in a dumpster. I wouldn't touch it. I would call local government and file a complaint against Lime for trashing your city.

If the bike weren't total crap I would say put parts on it and ride it but I wouldn't waste my time or money. If you are really wanting to do something good maybe reach out to a local bike charity and see if they will take it. Maybe they can take it off of life support and give it to someone in need.
Calm down.

You can't give the bike to a coop or someone in need because it isn't yours to give. It's Lime's property.

I gave the phone number to LimeBike in post 6. Just call 888-546-3345 and the menu says "To report a lost or abandoned bike for pickup, press 3."

It's just an abandoned or stolen bike, not an evil corporate conspiracy to destroy cities.

-Tim-
Likes For TimothyH:
Old 11-27-18, 05:59 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
I view the dockless bike shares and scooters as trash pure and simple. Not a conspiracy just a greedy company who doesn't care about anyone or anything but their own profits. I don't really care for them and the garbage they leave around. I am fine with docked bike shares because you cannot just leave it in the middle of the sidewalk or on a MUP or bike path or whatever. If people were decent and were able to clean up after themselves and be responsible then maybe these dockless programs could work but right now they are a mess and a menace.
Old 11-27-18, 06:10 PM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked 1,020 Times in 572 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH

You can't give the bike to a coop or someone in need because it isn't yours to give. It's Lime's property.

-Tim-
If they've pulled out of the area, it's abandoned and they've effectively relinquished property rights. In any case, it's trash and belongs in a dumpster.
Old 11-27-18, 08:19 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Dockless vs docked all depends on the particulars of the town/city. LimeBike is working well in our city.

In this case, it seems to me they have an obligation to pick up their bike. Stories like this don't work well for efforts to break into new markets.
Old 11-27-18, 10:35 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Originally Posted by jon c.
If they've pulled out of the area, it's abandoned and they've effectively relinquished property rights. In any case, it's trash and belongs in a dumpster.
Both the OP and the bike are in Seattle. LimeBike has not pulled out of Seattle.

They have a number to call to report a bike which needs to be picked up. 888-546-3345, option 3.

The OP hasn't reported that he tried that yet.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 11-27-18 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-29-18, 12:56 PM
base2 
I am potato.

So, I just called explaining I was being a good Samaritan trying to return a bike. I tried to pin down an address I could take it to, but no luck. I get the feeling there isn't one.

The customer service agent wanted my name, the plate number and a physical address & she would dispatch someone to pick it up. She sounded deflated when I told her there wasn't much of a bike left, & couldn't tell me the turn around time on dispatching someone for pick up.

I have a feeling it will be prioritized for "next week" for many weeks.

In any case, since I will be at work for many hours yet to come, I told her I will call again when I can get home to read the plate number & move it to the curb so they don't send someone out on what appears to be a snipe hunt.

So I don't get stuck with a subpeona, fine, blacklisting, or whatever, I'm goint to place it at the curb, the bus stop or school next to my house. But not on my property.
Old 11-29-18, 01:27 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
So, I just called explaining I was being a good Samaritan trying to return a bike. I tried to pin down an address I could take it to, but no luck. I get the feeling there isn't one.

The customer service agent wanted my name, the plate number and a physical address & she would dispatch someone to pick it up. She sounded deflated when I told her there wasn't much of a bike left, & couldn't tell me the turn around time on dispatching someone for pick up.

I have a feeling it will be prioritized for "next week" for many weeks.

In any case, since I will be at work for many hours yet to come, I told her I will call again when I can get home to read the plate number & move it to the curb so they don't send someone out on what appears to be a snipe hunt.

So I don't get stuck with a subpeona, fine, blacklisting, or whatever, I'm goint to place it at the curb, the bus stop or school next to my house. But not on my property.
Make sure you send her an email or something else in writing stating you're putting it on the curb, otherwise you might be on the hook for theft if it disappears.

Just for future reference and not to make you feel bad, but picking it up was a mistake.
I'm going to go back to my original suggestion--call the Seattle Dept. of Transportation and inform them that Lime is refusing to promptly pick it up, and that you only did because it was there for a long time.

Given that these companies live or die by working things out with the city, I'd be surprised if Lime didn't move very quickly when someone from SDOT called.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.