Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Great Lakes
Reload this Page >

Copper Harbor Mountain Bike Trails

Search
Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-18, 07:31 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts

Tomorrow I’m riding some sections of these, not the black diamond courses but will be on some awesome trails that are world class. My wife and I are heading up to Brockway Mt so will be loading up Hummer for a fun afternoon.

Has anyone here been on these trails?
Old 07-19-18, 09:54 AM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Its amazing. I liked the flow
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7012560/the-flow
because we don't get much of that in michigan. reminded me of stuff down state, but I was in the big ring all of the time. It is all good - some nice views. Some rough rooty spots. One trail there was the only trail I've ridden in 40 years of mountain biking that was at or beyond my limits (rough steep narrow downhill, followed by a 12" wide bridge across a gully and a rough steep uphill requiring good speed to get across). That was an extreme example though. I seem to remember a lot of roots.

The roads there are beautiful and I really wanted to do some road biking, but the mountain biking was just too beautiful to get me away from the singletrack. Nice photo opportunities there too. Enjoy!
Old 07-19-18, 08:29 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by chas58
Its amazing. I liked the flow
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7012560/the-flow
because we don't get much of that in michigan. reminded me of stuff down state, but I was in the big ring all of the time. It is all good - some nice views. Some rough rooty spots. One trail there was the only trail I've ridden in 40 years of mountain biking that was at or beyond my limits (rough steep narrow downhill, followed by a 12" wide bridge across a gully and a rough steep uphill requiring good speed to get across). That was an extreme example though. I seem to remember a lot of roots.

The roads there are beautiful and I really wanted to do some road biking, but the mountain biking was just too beautiful to get me away from the singletrack. Nice photo opportunities there too. Enjoy!
We are camping in Baraga and made the drive up. It was good to see sights we havent seen in years. The shuttle wasnt running so I rode up The Flow from the base. Wow what a workout. I may get another run at it. On The Edge is one I want to do even if I walk it along the cliff side. Cool place. The LBS Adventures rentals are tops in service and tips. They charted me a route of preferred must-do courses.