Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Great Lakes
Reload this Page >

Rivergreenway/New Haven / Moser Park

Search
Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-18, 11:05 AM
talphie

Bikes: Volkscycle, Trek Fx3, Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

My wife and I plan to meet my brother and his wife in New Haven, In. on July 14 for a bike ride. We’re coming from Michigan and he’s coming from Ohio, as it appears this location is about halfway for both of us. Does anybody have any tips that might be helpful? We’re just planning to ride for awhile with no real mileage plans. It’s just for fun and getting together as we all enjoy riding. If anybody has any helpful ideas or tips, let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-14-18, 06:57 PM
talphie

Bikes: Volkscycle, Trek Fx3, Specialized Hard Rock

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by talphie
My wife and I plan to meet my brother and his wife in New Haven, In. on July 14 for a bike ride. We’re coming from Michigan and he’s coming from Ohio, as it appears this location is about halfway for both of us. Does anybody have any tips that might be helpful? We’re just planning to ride for awhile with no real mileage plans. It’s just for fun and getting together as we all enjoy riding. If anybody has any helpful ideas or tips, let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Well, in case this helps anybody, we rode the River Greenway trail from Moser Park to Fort Wayne and back. A nice trail, but a little narrower than some other trails we’ve ridden. Nice scenery and looks like it’s used quite a bit as we did meet quite a few others on the trail. It appeared to be a popular trail. If anybody goes to ride this trail from the park, I can recommend a New Haven downtown eatery. Try the Rack & Helen’s Bar & Grill. The food was outstanding as well as the service.
Old 09-16-18, 10:16 AM
gary10509

Bikes: 2015 Giant Defy Advanced 1, 2014 Trek 7.4 FX, 2010 Giant Defy 3, 1984 Schwinn Voyageur

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That's my neck of the woods. Too late for the OP, but if anyone comes to our fair city for a ride, we've just surpassed 100 miles of paved trails. Mostly along our rivers. There's a good updated map at the "Fort Wayne Trails" website. Sorry - can't post a url.