Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Quarq D Zero Dub compatibility and a question about BBright BBs

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 01-24-20, 05:52 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts

Hi all -

Two questions:

1/ Does anyone know if the Quarq D Zero Dub powermeter can be used with a 12 speed eTap AXS groupset as well? This one:
https://www.quarq.com/product/quarq-dzero-dub-spider/
It says "Compatible with 10 and 11 speed chainrings" - but doesnt say anything about whether it can be used with 12 speed as well.

2/ I have gotten a SRAM BBright/DUB bottom bracket for my R5 build. This one has plastic cups, and i will be getting it installed at a place that does work with high-end bikes, but which hasnt done a lot of work on Cervelo. Given the reported issues with BB creak and tolerances, i am having second thoughts about this particular BB and am wondering if i should get one with Al cups. What do you guys say - would installing the plastic cups and possibly having a poor fit make the tolerances worse? Or should I give it a go as is, and swap if need be?

TIA.
Old 01-26-20, 10:00 PM
Le Mechanic

Bikes: 2020 Pivot Vault, 1983 Rossin Record, Garneau R1, Mesamods home built gravel/rain commuter bike, 1995 Barracuda A2V modified with Surley single speed dropouts, 1969 Bottecchia junkyard special fixed gear, Cervelo P4, Mesamods 650b klunker

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 50 Posts
I don't think there are any 12 speed AXS chainrings available yet for that 5 bolt setup. You basically have 2 options for a Dub Quarq power meter. The Red AXS crankset or the Force version with removable chainrings. As far as the BB options, Wheels MFG makes a BBright to Dub BB that's a 2 piece system with aluminum cups that thread together. I've had really good luck with Wheels MFG BB's
Old 01-27-20, 03:22 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Originally Posted by Le Mechanic
I don't think there are any 12 speed AXS chainrings available yet for that 5 bolt setup. You basically have 2 options for a Dub Quarq power meter. The Red AXS crankset or the Force version with removable chainrings. As far as the BB options, Wheels MFG makes a BBright to Dub BB that's a 2 piece system with aluminum cups that thread together. I've had really good luck with Wheels MFG BB's
Thanks for that. yeah, i am on the lookout for that Wheels Mfg BB myself - cant find an online dealer that has it in stock, unfortunately.

Re chainrings, wouldnt these work, along with the matching 35t smaller ring?
X-CarboRing 48 x 110 X-AXS - X-CarboRing - Chainrings - Products

I am hoping that in the new 5-6 months, someone will have released a more traditional - and more reasonably priced - chainring, but in principle, a chainring pair like this 48/35 should work, right?
Old 08-05-20, 11:15 AM
flx100

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Old thread, but i can confirm the combination you're describing works.
Likes For flx100:
Old 08-12-20, 07:17 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Originally Posted by flx100
Old thread, but i can confirm the combination you're describing works.
Apologies - for some reason I didnt get the notification. Thanks for this - good to know if i do decide to go to 12.