Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

And yet, another Brompton clone.

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Old 09-02-19, 11:52 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts

Found this one while perusing "folding bikes" on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3Sixty-Chro...be75%7Ciid%3A1

The 3Sixty is about 40% to 50% of the price of a comparable Brompton.

Just thought it would be of interest to some of the forum members or at least for a discussion.

Ed
Old 09-02-19, 12:24 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Let's see, so for my selection I pay $900, S/H included, and I cannot even figure whether and what rack I am getting, as photos change with no strict correspondence to selections, and I can recognize pedals that fell apart on me within 2 weeks of use on an occasion. Yes, sure, I am looking for ways to spend my $900
Old 09-02-19, 01:48 PM
edwong3

Originally Posted by 2_i
Let's see, so for my selection I pay $900, S/H included, and I cannot even figure whether and what rack I am getting, as photos change with no strict correspondence to selections, and I can recognize pedals that fell apart on me within 2 weeks of use on an occasion. Yes, sure, I am looking for ways to spend my $900
Yes, the listing is vague in that regard. It might be a decent bike but they sure don't inspire a whole lot of confidence to make one spend the money.
Old 09-03-19, 04:40 AM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, Alex Moulton AM, Dahon Curl

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1657 Post(s)
Liked 1,803 Times in 1,050 Posts
The 3Sixty has been around for a bit and posted here couple-o-three times before. It joins B-Bike, Chedech, Cigna, Crosshead, Curl, Flamingo, Fova, Groo, Java, La Bici, MIT, Neo, Pico, Sanye, United, Viking and no doubt other Andrew Ritchie inspired folders.

A bit of a special case, but I was recently in the UK. I looked at a Brompton B75. The pound is down versus the Parts Unknown currency. Exiting, you get VAT refunded. A genuine B75 would have cost me less to bring home than one of these 3Sixties delivered.
Old 09-03-19, 07:51 AM
edwong3

Funny, I did a search on the forum and didn't find any posts on the 3Sixty. Anyway, I get what you are saying. The B75 can be had for about $995 US from the US Brompton authorized dealer. To save $300 US is a bit of a stretch in my opinion for not getting the authentic item. Now if the 3Sixty were selling for about $400-$450 US (Ha! Ha!), it becomes an attractive alternative. Again, just my opinion.

Originally Posted by tcs
The 3Sixty has been around for a bit and posted here couple-o-three times before. It joins B-Bike, Chedech, Cigna, Crosshead, Curl, Flamingo, Fova, Groo, Java, La Bici, MIT, Neo, Pico, Sanye, United, Viking and no doubt other Andrew Ritchie inspired folders.

A bit of a special case, but I was recently in the UK. I looked at a Brompton B75. The pound is down versus the Parts Unknown currency. Exiting, you get VAT refunded. A genuine B75 would have cost me less to bring home than one of these 3Sixties delivered.
Old 09-03-19, 07:55 AM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
That is due to the 50% Chinese bicycle anti-dumping duty & VAT.

For $700ish delivered this would be a deal. Assuming the parts & quality are good/excellent.
Semi-active chess player ( two time Bahamas National Champion )
Sivananda ( Bahamas ) Trained Yoga instructor ( 2013 ) and ThetaHealer since 2013
Bicycle delivery worker for Jimmy John's. Delivering is the best workout I have ever had.
Old 09-03-19, 04:38 PM
Lalato

Bikes: Dahon Curl i8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
@Raxel, has worked with a 3Sixty Brompton clone, but it was a Titanium version which was quite a bit more expensive. My understanding is that Raxel just bought the frame and then used his own components otherwise. So one's mileage may vary when buying a complete bike from 3Sixty.
Old 09-03-19, 06:54 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Originally Posted by Lalato
bought the frame and then used his own components otherwise. So one's mileage may vary when buying a complete bike from 3Sixty.
Even in the latter case the emphasis seemed to be on the weight and appearance, without an indication whether the bike ended up being any good.

From my own experience, I asked 3Sixty whether a minor part they were selling offered advantages over Brompton - the price was similar in my memory. They responded that the part was meant to be interchangeable with Brompton's, with no particular advantages. At least they were not putting a pretense there.
Old 09-04-19, 06:44 PM
Taipei Tony

Bikes: Tern Verge Duo(PINK!)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I came across that brand a few months ago when I was researching Brompton clones. It's a Taiwanese company in Kaohsiung City (southern Taiwan), they have a bunch of listings on all the Taiwanese auction sites. Here's one with a up-close video of the folding and unfolding:
https://tw.bid.yahoo.com/item/%E5%96...A-100383815299

This probably won't help anyone here, but as you can see from the listing, it's only $564 for the 3speed if you buy it in Taiwan. Perhaps one could take a vacation to Taiwan and get the bike while they're at it lol.
Likes For Taipei Tony:
Old 09-04-19, 10:14 PM
2_i 

Originally Posted by Taipei Tony
Perhaps one could take a vacation to Taiwan and get the bike while they're at it lol.
It is well more complicated than it sounds even when you are in the country taking a vacation and you lack the infrastructure that normally comes with the location. Beyond that you may still not like the bike while risking the money. Incidentally, while on the topic, I spent a day on Kinmen and the only local I encountered who could put a whole sentence in English was at a Starbucks counter. I actually traveled a chunk of the island to get to there hoping for an electrical outlet to charge my phone. Yes I visited a number of tourist info sites hoping for someone who I could talk to, but no luck.