Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Narrow inner diameter bar end plugs?

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 10-11-19, 06:26 PM
CharlieFree

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I replaced my handlebars this year and then realized, when I tried on my pogies, that the bar end plug won't extend deep enough to hold them on (they are the 45nrth cobrafists). I have the Nitto EC-02 but they are not long enough.

Anyone know of a good bar plug that's smaller than 16mm inner diameter, that extends into the bar pretty well? It will have to be the kind that screw in, not the press in flavor. I found these which say they have a 15mm insert. Anything else? I guess I could go to the hardware store and figure something out I suppose...
Old 10-13-19, 05:00 AM
zebede
Hello

Bikes: n+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
You might have to go old school and shape a wine cork with a pocket knife and sand paper. Just make sure when you buy your wine that it doesn't have those new synthetic corks.
Old 10-14-19, 07:12 PM
CharlieFree

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks. I was also thinking I could make a spacer with the Nittos to effectively move the rubber expander farther into the tube. maybe some washers and something else like cork.