Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Crankset for 2018 SuperX

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-19, 01:42 PM
Dominae

Bikes: Trek Checkpoint; Cannondale Super X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 22 Posts
Crankset for 2018 SuperX

Because this frame uses Cannondale's "Asymmetric Integration," and a wider 86 mm bottom bracket shell, does anyone know whether any crankset beyond the Cannondale Hollowgram or Si crankset will fit (or can be made to fit) on the SuperX? I am considering purchasing a 2018 SuperX frame but not if the only crankset it will accept is the Cannondale models.

Last edited by Dominae; 04-25-19 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-25-19, 06:46 PM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Dominae
Because this frame uses Cannondale's "Asymmetric Integration," and a wider 86 mm bottom bracket shell, does anyone know whether any crankset beyond the Cannondale Hollowgram or Si crankset will fit (or can be made to fit) on the SuperX? I am considering purchasing a 2018 SuperX frame but not if the only crankset it will accept is the Cannondale models.
I think this pretty much covers it: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/f...c.php?t=147045
Old 04-26-19, 08:08 AM
Dominae

Originally Posted by shoota
I think this pretty much covers it: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/f...c.php?t=147045
Thanks I have reviewed that string from weight weenies and I still don't understand what it means. That thread seemed to deal with fitting and crank plus power meter on a SuperX and I'm not sure it answers the question about that other types of cranksets are compatible with Asymmetric Integration.
Old 04-26-19, 08:14 AM
shoota 

Thanks I have reviewed that string from weight weenies and I still don't understand what it means. That thread seemed to deal with fitting and crank plus power meter on a SuperX and I'm not sure it answers the question about that other types of cranksets are compatible with Asymmetric Integration.
There are, you just need a longer spindle and the correct spacers. Unfortunately I can't help much past that. BUT here's a little proof:

Old 04-26-19, 08:20 AM
Dominae

There are, you just need a longer spindle and the correct spacers. Unfortunately I can't help much past that. BUT here's a little proof:

OK that is helpful. The longer spindle in the 125mm spindle sold by Cannondale. One of my questions is whether that spindle is compatible with a SRAM crank. However, because is pictured is a 1x setup, it does not need the 125mm spindle, so I can't be sure that the spindle on this particular set up is a Cannondale spindle. I have asked Cannondale and they don't know whether there spindles fit on the SRAM crank. No one seems to have the answer to this question.
Old 04-26-19, 08:27 AM
shoota 

OK that is helpful. The longer spindle in the 125mm spindle sold by Cannondale. One of my questions is whether that spindle is compatible with a SRAM crank. However, because is pictured is a 1x setup, it does not need the 125mm spindle, so I can't be sure that the spindle on this particular set up is a Cannondale spindle. I have asked Cannondale and they don't know whether there spindles fit on the SRAM crank. No one seems to have the answer to this question.
Ah. That is a good question indeed. This probably isn't the best place for this question. I'd try the mechanics subforum or Paceline.
Old 04-26-19, 08:33 AM
Dominae

Ah. That is a good question indeed. This probably isn't the best place for this question. I'd try the mechanics subforum or Paceline.
Thanks. What is the Paceline forum? Is it cyclocross/gravel bike specific or would they have any specific expertise in this area. I've already tried Bike Mechanics here and their recommendation was to buy a different frame I will not give up that easily.
Old 04-26-19, 09:05 AM
shoota 

Thanks. What is the Paceline forum? Is it cyclocross/gravel bike specific or would they have any specific expertise in this area. I've already tried Bike Mechanics here and their recommendation was to buy a different frame I will not give up that easily.
Not gravel specific but they have a lot of very knowledgeable members. It's a great forum (with a great classifieds section, be careful). They're certainly worth checking out.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/index.php

Post your question in the General subforum.
Old 08-31-19, 04:20 PM
joshgray

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think you mean 83mm right?

What did you end up doing? I'm dealing with a 2019 SuperX that came used with a SRAM Red crankset on which I'm trying to add a power meter to.
Old 09-02-19, 05:57 PM
Dominae

Originally Posted by joshgray
I think you mean 83mm right?

What did you end up doing? I'm dealing with a 2019 SuperX that came used with a SRAM Red crankset on which I'm trying to add a power meter to.
I just bought a hollow gram crankset. I was not able to find a work around.
Old 02-19-20, 09:44 AM
smsavino3

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2019 SuperX Crank Fit

I am currently building up a 2019 SuperX with the Easton EC90 crank, 50-34. I think going the way of the longer mtb spindle and spacers may be the answer.
Old 02-19-20, 05:12 PM
tangerineowl

Bikes: Curve Grovel v2 ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by smsavino3
I am currently building up a 2019 SuperX with the Easton EC90 crank, 50-34. I think going the way of the longer mtb spindle and spacers may be the answer.
Similar to what I was thinking. Or the cheaper EA90 alu crank arms, with the right-length RaceFace spindle, and spacers.