Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

COVID Cape Cod Rail Trail Autum Ride????

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 09-18-20, 04:27 PM
top506
Death fork? Naaaah!!

Bikes: Seriously downsizing.

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked 622 Times in 279 Posts

Spring ride didn't happen.
Things are different in Massachusetts now, people much more comfortable with precautions than in April.
So.....can we pull this off? Same time (Columbus Day weekend), same place (Dennis trailhead)?
Waiting to hear from the usual suspects.

(looking for a picture and not seeing it? Thank the Photobucket fiasco.PM me and I'll link it up.)
Old 09-18-20, 05:03 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2923 Post(s)
Liked 2,914 Times in 1,488 Posts
I would love to do that, but alas it is too far away. I used to love the long rides we did from Plymouth or even starting in Hingham and riding all the way out. Great times

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-18-20, 09:44 PM
ascherer 

Bikes: 1987 Mercian Pro, 1985 Shogun 500, early '70s Falcon San Remo, 1972 Peugeot PX-10, 1972 Schwinn Paramount P13-9, 1971 Raleigh International, 1971 Peugeot PX-10, 1970 Raleigh Professional Mk1

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked 2,909 Times in 972 Posts
I've wanted to join this ride but haven't been to the Cape this year, sadly. Maybe the first time in the last 5 years. VT for 2020 Columbus/Indigenous weekend.

Old 09-19-20, 04:55 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 404 Posts
I hate to say it Top, and I'll miss you guys, but I'm out. Thanks to lots of fun loving people here and a couple of pocket judges, Pennsylvania is persona non grata in the Bay Colony right now. Unlikely to get better soon.

And Massachusetts thought it would be a fine year to double the fees for out-of-state resident camping in the state parks. I'll not support that. Stupid. And the AirBnBs are taking advantage of the boom in tourism on the Cape, raising all the prices and cleaning fees. No can do. Must be wonderful to be a small business owner on the Cape this year.

I hope the ride goes well. I'm only spoke riding this year, only in state.
Old 09-19-20, 05:54 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked 2,183 Times in 960 Posts
I am so tempted! Get behind me Satan! I need a nice long bike ride sooooooooooo bad!

We still do not have services on Sunday and I tape for YouTube on Thursdays. However, I've been adamant to the congregation about the need to social distance and not gather in groups. I can't compromise and "Do as I say, not as I do." Sorry Top, I'm out.

How about a virtual CCRT ride instead? We each take a ride on our local trails that weekend and post our pictures in this thread.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com

Likes For pastorbobnlnh:
Old 09-19-20, 08:28 AM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked 465 Times in 299 Posts
I got excited when I saw the subject line but alas, I’ve already made plans for Columbus Day weekend.

Hopefully you find enough able participants and have a great ride!
Old 09-19-20, 10:30 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
I'll be riding down there on the cape the weekend of the 3rd, but not Columbus Day.
I somehow got a site at Nickerson in the feeding frenzy of the first ten minutes the bookings were open, furiously refreshing the page on the wifi at a highway rest area back in June.
The long weekend on the cape is just too crazy. I agree about MA and the cape (particularly Wellfleet with their "local property owners aka rich people only" beach policy this year) trying real hard not to waste a good crisis and milk covid for whatever cash they can get from those who can least afford it. It's a massachusetts brand of elitist mentality at its worst and I can't stand it.
Anyway they can try to keep the riffraff out, but they can't keep this dirtbag away! The dates will line up for this ride another time, I'm sure of it.
Old 09-19-20, 04:37 PM
top506
Death fork? Naaaah!!

Bikes: Seriously downsizing.

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked 622 Times in 279 Posts
Originally Posted by scarlson
I'll be riding down there on the cape the weekend of the 3rd, but not Columbus Day.
I somehow got a site at Nickerson in the feeding frenzy of the first ten minutes the bookings were open, furiously refreshing the page on the wifi at a highway rest area back in June.
I once got a campsite at Nickerson, on Flax pond no less, the same way.

(looking for a picture and not seeing it? Thank the Photobucket fiasco.PM me and I'll link it up.)
Likes For top506:
Old 09-19-20, 05:33 PM
nlerner

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 3800 Post(s)
Liked 6,614 Times in 2,592 Posts
Could be a good excuse for me to do the Boston to P-town ride.

I’m getting tested twice a week at the uni; perhaps all who participate need to show evidence of a negative test within 72 hours of the ride?
Old 09-20-20, 06:43 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked 2,183 Times in 960 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner

I’m getting tested twice a week at the uni; perhaps all who participate need to show evidence of a negative test within 72 hours of the ride?
I was tested back near the beginning of August with the swab up the nose to the back of my brain! (felt like the nurse was injecting tire sealant [the Green Slime variety] into my nose)

Does a 72 day old negative test count?

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com

Old 09-20-20, 08:28 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner
I just did that ride last Saturday! Went back and camped at Wellfleet Hollow afterward. My friends I did it with took the last ferry, which leaves I think around 7pm.