Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Hybrid style step thru recommendations?

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-20, 04:12 PM
doubleohlesbo
she's like the wind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello!
I知 looking to get a bike and have done some research on what I might like. I think a hybrid style bike is what I want, and I pretty much settled on getting a Specialized Roll Sport as I heard a lot of larger riders have had success with them and they fit my eye nicely. Unfortunately they池e impossible to find! Specialized has been zero help re: info on restocks, and local shops say they have no idea on when they値l be back in stock. I know COVID has made things tough in terms of supply and also more people riding.

So I知 looking for some other options, as I壇 really like to get a bike so I can start riding as soon as possible. Are there any bikes similar to the Roll Sport Low Entry that I should look at?

Mainly hoping for something with a step through or low entry, upright but hybrid/sporty style, and good quality. Budget is around $650 and I'm located in Los Angeles, but am willing to drive up to 2 hours if anyone has any ideas. Thank you!
Old 08-12-20, 07:33 PM
blue192

Bikes: Norco Scene 1, Khs Westwood, Jamis Allegro 3x

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 47 Posts
Hmmm. Hybrid, upright seating position, and step through around 650$... How about the Norco Scene 2 has all three features and retails in the USA for 659$?
Old 08-12-20, 07:57 PM
doubleohlesbo
she's like the wind

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by blue192
Hmmm. Hybrid, upright seating position, and step through around 650$... How about the Norco Scene 2 has all three features and retails in the USA for 659$?
Wow, that fits exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you, I'll check them out. And of course, I'll take more suggestions!
Old 08-13-20, 07:31 AM
bubbafat

Bikes: Trek Verve 2

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 7 Posts
The Verve 2 Disc Lowstep sounds like a decent match and is $650. I have the Verve 2 Disc (not lowstep) and am not having any issues with 275lbs on it (only have about 25 miles on it so maybe too early to tell - but the bike claims to support 300 lbs and the sales folks assured me that some much bigger folks had bought them without issues).
Old 08-13-20, 12:03 PM
doubleohlesbo
she's like the wind

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bubbafat
The Verve 2 Disc Lowstep sounds like a decent match and is $650. I have the Verve 2 Disc (not lowstep) and am not having any issues with 275lbs on it (only have about 25 miles on it so maybe too early to tell - but the bike claims to support 300 lbs and the sales folks assured me that some much bigger folks had bought them without issues).
Great suggestion! I actually came across that one last night while researching, and I think it's the one I'm going to get.

I may have found a place taking orders, wish me luck and thank you for the input!

Last edited by doubleohlesbo; 08-13-20 at 01:05 PM.
Likes For doubleohlesbo:
Old 08-14-20, 07:58 PM
anthonybkny

Bikes: C'dale Quick 1

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 7 Posts
Cannondale Treadwell