Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Canyon Endorsce Di2 - Does it have the wireless module?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Canyon Endorsce Di2 - Does it have the wireless module?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-20, 07:42 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by ccrrar
Ok, I'll bite.....I have a 4 year old Parlee Altum w/ Di2 and an old (more than 7 years) Garmin 520. I don't have a d-Fly but since day one I have been able to see my gears, battery level and set the correct cassette. Everyone's description of the d-Fly seem to imply that it is required for these basic functions. Yes, if I need to update the system I need to plug it into my computer, I don't find this to be a bid deal and I am not interested in synchro shifting.

What am I missing that is worth $100?
How is your Garmin connecting to the Di2 system on your bike?

The other stuff you can do with the module is all listed above.
Old 10-01-20, 10:30 AM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
Originally Posted by deburn
I’m in the market for a new bike for 5-6k and what you mentioned is one of the reasons I’m most likely going with SRAM.
Only issue is the post was incorrect. You can adjust, charge, determine battery charge etc. without a computer or wireless connection. Plus the SRAM groupset is more expensive than the Shimano equivalent even when the module is added.
Old 10-01-20, 06:02 PM
ccrrar

Bikes: Calfee Luna Pro w/ full Campy Record, Trek Domane SL7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs
How is your Garmin connecting to the Di2 system on your bike?

The other stuff you can do with the module is all listed above.
I have no idea, if it is really needed then my bike shop must have put it in without telling me. i have not had any need to remove the seat post or bottom bracket so I don't know what might be hidden. Maybe I need to explore?
Old 11-01-20, 12:18 PM
drewtk

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs
I could be wrong, but I don't think any Di2 equipped bike comes standard with the BT module.
I said the same thing in the post directly above yours, and looks like we’re both wrong. I just bought a 2020 Bianchi with Di2 and it came with the wireless unit. I was about to order one, assuming that no bikes come with it, and then I saw a piece on the front of the bike that looked familiar. Turned on my bike computer and sure enough - that was the Bluetooth unit.
Likes For drewtk:
Old 11-01-20, 12:42 PM
TerryDi2C
Di2 fanatic

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by ccrrar
I have no idea, if it is really needed then my bike shop must have put it in without telling me. i have not had any need to remove the seat post or bottom bracket so I don't know what might be hidden. Maybe I need to explore?
If you really want to know, just hook it up to a windows computer (use E-Tube Project 3.4.5 or be careful with 4.0.2) and have a look at the modules it says are installed.

Any of these will enable the bike to communicate with your Garmin:
  • SC-MT800 display
  • SC-M9051 display
  • EW-WU111
  • EW-WU101
  • SM-EWW01 (ANT only)
Old 11-01-20, 03:02 PM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 66 Posts
I just upgraded a Canyon Ultimate to the Di2 system, and I like it. I like it a lot, but I was put off by the fact that I had to spend another $100 to gain the same BT connectivity that came with the V3 upgrade I made to my Campy Record EPS equipped BMC out of the box. No extra module to buy. My take away from owning both electronic systems, EPS and Di2, is that the Campy software and it's connectivity is more robust and intuitive. The Di2 system is mechanically superior in my opinion.
Old 11-01-20, 03:11 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcer
I just upgraded a Canyon Ultimate to the Di2 system, and I like it. I like it a lot, but I was put off by the fact that I had to spend another $100 to gain the same BT connectivity that came with the V3 upgrade I made to my Campy Record EPS equipped BMC out of the box. No extra module to buy. My take away from owning both electronic systems, EPS and Di2, is that the Campy software and it's connectivity is more robust and intuitive. The Di2 system is mechanically superior in my opinion.
I don't know since I haven't looked closely at them, but don't SRAM and Campy by design have to use a wireless connection to some of the components. Since they have to have the radio transmitter/receiver already for function, it likely isn't much more cost to make a BT or Ant+ connection available to the user.

Shimano Di2 has used a wire to connect everything together. So no radio transmitter/receiver was required by their design.

But as I said, I've not looked closely at others besides Di2, so if I'm wrong about their components not having to do wireless transmission to each other already, then..... be nice!
Old 11-01-20, 03:36 PM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I don't know since I haven't looked closely at them, but don't SRAM and Campy by design have to use a wireless connection to some of the components. Since they have to have the radio transmitter/receiver already for function, it likely isn't much more cost to make a BT or Ant+ connection available to the user.

Shimano Di2 has used a wire to connect everything together. So no radio transmitter/receiver was required by their design.

But as I said, I've not looked closely at others besides Di2, so if I'm wrong about their components not having to do wireless transmission to each other already, then..... be nice!

The EPS V3 is a wired system much like Di2. As far as I know, it can communicate with it's components over the wire. Campy added the BT connectivity to allow access to it's phone app that allows for firmware updates and the systems configuration options. To the best of my knowledge, the MyCampy app is only available for iOS or Android.